B/Band Max Training Period Applies Here?

Old December 14th 06, 01:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tamale-Loco

Default B/Band Max Training Period Applies Here?

Just moved providers from a Tiscali LLU connection (not of my doing btw) and am now having
problems with disconnections and the like
Speeds are consistant...........consistantly bad !!!!(see below)

Download Speed: 126 kbps (15.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 317 kbps (39.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

Download Speed: 127 kbps (15.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 374 kbps (46.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Download Speed: 128 kbps (16 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 282 kbps (35.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Download Speed: 128 kbps (16 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 373 kbps (46.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

Download Speed: 127 kbps (15.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 373 kbps (46.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

These were taken over a 24 hour period
Router stats are :

noise margin upstream: 26 db
output power downstream: 19 db
attenuation upstream: 22 db

noise margin downstream: 6 db
output power upstream: 11 db
attenuation downstream: 34 db

Thing is i hear there is a "training period" for MaxDSL, but surely that shouldnt apply
here as i came from a "*******ized ADSL2" connection?

Tamale-Loco

Old December 14th 06, 02:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Cupis

Tamale-Loco wrote:
Just moved providers from a Tiscali LLU connection (not of my doing btw) and am now having
problems with disconnections and the like
Speeds are consistant...........consistantly bad !!!!(see below)

[snip]

Thing is i hear there is a "training period" for MaxDSL, but surely that shouldnt apply
here as i came from a "*******ized ADSL2" connection?

It will apply, because the BTw DSLAM/DLM does not know the
capabilities/characteristics of your line yet.
Old December 14th 06, 02:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tamale-Loco

"Paul Cupis" wrote in message
Tamale-Loco wrote:
Just moved providers from a Tiscali LLU connection (not of my doing btw) and am now
having
problems with disconnections and the like
Speeds are consistant...........consistantly bad !!!!(see below)

[snip]

Thing is i hear there is a "training period" for MaxDSL, but surely that shouldnt apply
here as i came from a "*******ized ADSL2" connection?

It will apply, because the BTw DSLAM/DLM does not know the
capabilities/characteristics of your line yet.

Thanks for the reply....looks like i will have to put up with it lol!!!
I always thought though, that speeds during this training period are all over the place
Mine are VERY constant at all hours of the day/night, as you saw in OP

Tamale-Loco

Old December 14th 06, 02:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Cupis

Tamale-Loco wrote:
"Paul Cupis" wrote in message
Tamale-Loco wrote:
Just moved providers from a Tiscali LLU connection (not of my doing btw) and am now
having
problems with disconnections and the like
Speeds are consistant...........consistantly bad !!!!(see below)

[snip]

Thing is i hear there is a "training period" for MaxDSL, but surely that shouldnt apply
here as i came from a "*******ized ADSL2" connection?

It will apply, because the BTw DSLAM/DLM does not know the
capabilities/characteristics of your line yet.

Thanks for the reply....looks like i will have to put up with it lol!!!
I always thought though, that speeds during this training period are all over the place

No, not at all. If your line is particularly unstable, you may get
resync events which give you a lower sync and therefore a lower
profile/speed, but if your line is stable, then your service should be
stable (expect for ISP issues).
Old December 14th 06, 03:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Tamale-Loco wrote:

Just moved providers from a Tiscali LLU connection (not of my doing btw)

That happened to me too. Not Plusnet was it ?

and am now having
problems with disconnections and the like
Speeds are consistant...........consistantly bad !!!!(see below)

Download Speed: 126 kbps (15.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 317 kbps (39.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

What are the sync speeds ?

Graham

Old December 14th 06, 05:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tamale-Loco

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Tamale-Loco wrote:

Just moved providers from a Tiscali LLU connection (not of my doing btw)

That happened to me too. Not Plusnet was it ?

and am now having
problems with disconnections and the like
Speeds are consistant...........consistantly bad !!!!(see below)

Download Speed: 126 kbps (15.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 317 kbps (39.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

What are the sync speeds ?

Graham

Are these what you mean?...............

Link Status: Up
Upstream Speed: 448 kbps
Downstream Speed: 3168 kbps

noise margin upstream: 22 db
output power downstream: 18 db
attenuation upstream: 23 db

Tamale-Loco

Old December 14th 06, 10:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Tamale-Loco wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote in message
Tamale-Loco wrote:

Just moved providers from a Tiscali LLU connection (not of my doing btw)

That happened to me too. Not Plusnet was it ?

and am now having
problems with disconnections and the like
Speeds are consistant...........consistantly bad !!!!(see below)

Download Speed: 126 kbps (15.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 317 kbps (39.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

What are the sync speeds ?

Graham

Are these what you mean?...............

Link Status: Up
Upstream Speed: 448 kbps
Downstream Speed: 3168 kbps

Yes those.

Nothing wrong there for sure.

What speedtests have you been using ?

Graham

Old December 14th 06, 01:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tamale-Loco

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Tamale-Loco wrote:

Just moved providers from a Tiscali LLU connection (not of my doing btw)

That happened to me too. Not Plusnet was it ?

Missed this 1st time round
No, but "Son of Plusnet" AKA Eclipse
Sent me a vague letter back on July about "providers" and so on, so i
requested MAC the same day only to be told that it wasnt possible as i
was in the process of being moved
Now all Eclipse users should do is look on any forum and check out the Plusnet
part and thats what will happen to theor accounts in a few months time

Tamale-Loco

Old December 14th 06, 03:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tamale-Loco

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Are these what you mean?...............

Link Status: Up
Upstream Speed: 448 kbps
Downstream Speed: 3168 kbps

Yes those.

Nothing wrong there for sure.

What speedtests have you been using ?

Graham

I am using about 4 different ones.....mainly the one at Namesco, and
the one at ADSLguide
Some of the others dont even work all the time cause of the low speed, but
when they do, they all show much the same speeds of about:
Download Speed: 128 kbps
Upload Speed: 373 kbps