Free UK VoIP Telephone Numbers

Old December 14th 06, 04:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Free UK VoIP Telephone Numbers

Free UK Telephone Numbers DDI / DID

We are able to supply our customers with the following UK DDI/DIDs'
free of charge and no setup fee, numbers are available in both blocks
of 10 to 100 and also single numbers for end users.

Prefix:

* 0870
* 0871
* 0845
* 0844
* 070

All numbers are routable internationally (i.e: +44870XXXXXXX), and can
be terminated to VoIP via SIP or terminated to the PSTN depending on
termination point.

UK Geographical such as London 020 or Manchester 0161 are also
available for a small fee.

For more information please contact us on

Old December 14th 06, 07:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Yaz

wrote in message
ups.com...
Free UK Telephone Numbers DDI / DID

We are able to supply our customers with the following UK DDI/DIDs'
free of charge and no setup fee, numbers are available in both blocks
of 10 to 100 and also single numbers for end users.

Prefix:

* 0870
* 0871
* 0845
* 0844
* 070

All numbers are routable internationally (i.e: +44870XXXXXXX), and can
be terminated to VoIP via SIP or terminated to the PSTN depending on
termination point.

UK Geographical such as London 020 or Manchester 0161 are also
available for a small fee.

I think everyone offers this! What ar your charges for 020 and 0161 nos?

Are you able to provide a chosen/choice of numbers?

Yaz

Old December 22nd 06, 11:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Hi Yaz,

02 and 01 numbers are available, the price varies depending on how many
you require.

But a guide price, 200 incl VAT and setup per year for 25
geographical number such as 01/02
plus it includes access into our system to enable yourself to manage
and control the numbers termination points and request other changes to
be made.

Old December 22nd 06, 11:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
ale.cx

On 22 Dec, 11:43, wrote:

But a guide price, 200 incl VAT and setup per year for 25
geographical number such as 01/02
plus it includes access into our system to enable yourself to manage
and control the numbers termination points and request other
changes to be made.

Some may dispute your assertion that that is a "small" fee!

alexd

Old December 22nd 06, 01:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

That is for 25 numbers per year, if you want more than 25 numbers the
prices of course will increase, although if your requirements are for
100+ numbers then the price can be fully negotiated.

For 5.00 GBP you can have 1 geographical number per year. (Random
number supplied from the requested area/dialling code)

If ordering a block of numbers, the numbers are supplied in sequential
order for the requested telephone area code(s)

01 and 02 Numbers can only be terminated to VoIP (SIP/IAX2/H.323)

I think people will agree that 5.00 per year for a UK Geographical
number is a small and modest fee to be free to use any VoIP Provider
you like, not tied to one with the number, you get full control over
the number so that you can change where the number is terminated using
our control panel.

Old December 22nd 06, 04:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote in message

On 22 Dec 2006 03:50:10 -0800, "ale.cx"
wrote:

On 22 Dec, 11:43, wrote:

But a guide price, 200 incl VAT and setup per year
for 25 geographical number such as 01/02
plus it includes access into our system to enable
yourself to manage and control the numbers
termination points and request other changes to be
made.

Some may dispute your assertion that that is a "small"
fee!

alexd

And some may resort to complaining about advertising in
this group are you there Ivor !!!!! .

Back in your box, Ron. That wasn't advertising, it was an answer to a
question asked.

I don't think many will take him up at that price, do you..?

Ivor

Old December 23rd 06, 06:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
ale.cx

wrote:

For 5.00 GBP you can have 1 geographical number per year. (Random
number supplied from the requested area/dialling code)

Don't forget you're competing with the likes of Sipgate, who will give
anyone a UK geographic number for free. Obviously, free is a lot
cheaper than a fiver, even if a fiver is a pretty nominal fee.

If ordering a block of numbers, the numbers are supplied in sequential
order for the requested telephone area code(s)

01 and 02 Numbers can only be terminated to VoIP (SIP/IAX2/H.323)

I think people will agree that 5.00 per year for a UK Geographical
number is a small and modest fee

Yes, a fiver is a small amount of money nowadays. But one can get a
free number from other providers, or deposit [say] a tenner of credit
with a provider, and spend that credit on calls.

to be free to use any VoIP Provider you like, not tied to one with the number,
you get full control over the number so that you can change where the number
is terminated using our control panel.

How does getting a number from a provider tie you into them? I've got a
Sipgate number I use for inbound calls [because I've had it for 18
months, and it's vaguely memorable], and I've got a voip.co.uk account
I use for outbound calls because they're cheap. I can have many free
accounts from many providers, and I won't ever be tied in to any of
them. I guess I'm just not seeing the unique selling point of your
offering. Perhaps there isn't one?

alexd

Old December 23rd 06, 09:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

You are correct in stating that providers such as Sipgate offer a
"free" number when you sign up with them, but that number can only
be terminated at your Sipgate account, not any other, so it means you
have to remain with a Sipgate account in order to keep the same number,
basically, leave sipgate and leave the number.

With the service we offer, you're able to choose which provider you
wish to use, and you can terminate the number to any VoIP Destination,
thus not tied to one provider in order to keep the inbound number. So
for example if you have a "free" number from the likes of Sipgate
or any other provider, if that ITSP goes down you would be unable to
receive any inbound calls on your PSTN number.

Example: You have a "free" SIP account and PSTN number from
"Snake Oil VoIP" and that ITSP goes down, you'd not be able to
receive any calls on your inbound PSTN number because the provider is
down. But if you had a number from us that was terminating at your sip
address with "Snake Oil VoIP" you are able to login at our control
panel and change the destination instantly (as changes are real time)
of the number to another VoIP account to ensure your able to receive
calls.

Old December 23rd 06, 10:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

has brought this to us :
[...]

But surely, your service would tie me to you? So what's the advantage?