U3 USB Devices

Old December 14th 06, 11:58 PM posted to uk.comp.misc,uk.comp.home-networking
Marcus Houlden

Default U3 USB Devices

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 18:38:13 +0000, Geoff Lane
wrote the following to uk.comp.misc:

Hopefully this does fall within the Networking catagory.

What exactly is a U3 compatible USB device

A pointless waste of space. Basically it's a load of demo software that
occupies a separate partition on a flash drive until you go to
http://www.u3.com/uninstall/ to remove it.

(x-posted as I'm reading this in uk.comp.misc)

mh.
--
http://www.nukesoft.co.uk
http://personal.nukesoft.co.uk

From address is a blackhole. Reply-to address is valid.
Old December 15th 06, 05:41 PM posted to uk.comp.misc,uk.comp.home-networking
Geoff Lane

On 14 Dec 2006 23:58:32 GMT, Marcus Houlden
wrote:

What exactly is a U3 compatible USB device

A pointless waste of space. Basically it's a load of demo software that
occupies a separate partition on a flash drive until you go to
http://www.u3.com/uninstall/ to remove it.

Yes, I'm thinking the same.

The two programs I use on my non U3 device are Pegasus and Truecrypt,
both run fine.

Geoff Lane

Old December 15th 06, 10:11 PM posted to uk.comp.misc,uk.comp.home-networking
Clint Sharp

In message , Marcus Houlden
writes
On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 18:38:13 +0000, Geoff Lane

wrote the following to uk.comp.misc:

Hopefully this does fall within the Networking catagory.

What exactly is a U3 compatible USB device

A pointless waste of space. Basically it's a load of demo software that
occupies a separate partition on a flash drive until you go to
http://www.u3.com/uninstall/ to remove it.

Umm, Trillian, Irfanview, PuTTY, Firefox, Skype? Waste of space demo
versions? I think not. I find mine useful, obviously YMMV.