blueyonder have re-written the English dictionary

Old December 15th 06, 10:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Gonz

Default blueyonder have re-written the English dictionary

Customers in certain areas are havin their speeds throttled.
Up to half the speed they pay for.
From approx 5pm, till midnight, every day.
It's believed that this will be introduced across their whole network,
to all customers.

(Alex Brown)
Senior Product Manager for Telewest/blueyonder

"Even in areas where the traffic management trial is underway, the
service is unlimited"

(blueyonder customer)

"Stop lying, no one likes anyone who lies.

Yes I am calling you a liar, because that is what you are when you spout
your lies."

Old December 16th 06, 11:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Brian A

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 17:58:11 +0000, "Dave {Reply Address In.sig}"
wrote:

Gonz wrote:
Customers in certain areas are havin their speeds throttled.
Up to half the speed they pay for.
From approx 5pm, till midnight, every day.
It's believed that this will be introduced across their whole network,
to all customers.

(Alex Brown)
Senior Product Manager for Telewest/blueyonder

"Even in areas where the traffic management trial is underway, the
service is unlimited"

(blueyonder customer)

"Stop lying, no one likes anyone who lies.

Yes I am calling you a liar, because that is what you are when you spout
your lies."

It depends entirely on context - you get to download as much as you want
but it will be slower at peak times. That's what will happen anyway in
practice if demand exceeds available bandwidth, they've just chosen to
shape it so that everyone gets at least some of it.

Up to this last week I have had no problems at all with BY. However,
now I keep getting outages. Sometimes only my VoIP works but I can't
operate anything else (browsing,newsgroups,MSN etc.). Sometimes
everything goes. I am hoping that this is only a glitch.
This might have been due to them making the changes??

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.