TalkTalk Upgrade

Old December 15th 06, 11:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Aristobulus

Default TalkTalk Upgrade

Oh My

They upgraded my phone and broadband did TalkTalk

as a result...

I lost my broadband
I gained a continental style ring tone
and when I dial 1571 and hang up
it phones me with modem type garbage!!

then they tell me I have to wait another 48 hours before they can resolve
the issues.

Let buyer beware

David

Old December 16th 06, 03:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Aristobulus:
Oh My

They upgraded my phone and broadband did TalkTalk

as a result...

I lost my broadband
I gained a continental style ring tone
and when I dial 1571 and hang up
it phones me with modem type garbage!!

then they tell me I have to wait another 48 hours before they can
resolve the issues.

Let buyer beware

David

For around 2 years all you hear is the constant problems with TalkTalk,
you didn't expect anything to chance, did you?

Mobile Offers: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/payg
Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Old December 16th 06, 07:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Aristobulus wrote:

Oh My

They upgraded my phone and broadband did TalkTalk

as a result...

I lost my broadband
I gained a continental style ring tone
and when I dial 1571 and hang up
it phones me with modem type garbage!!

then they tell me I have to wait another 48 hours before they can resolve
the issues.

Let buyer beware

Complain to Ofom instead of moaning here.

It'll do more good. Companies who can't provide a working service shouldn't be
allowed to trade.

Graham

Old December 26th 06, 07:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
TroJon

Aristobulus wrote:
Oh My

They upgraded my phone and broadband did TalkTalk

as a result...

I lost my broadband
I gained a continental style ring tone
and when I dial 1571 and hang up
it phones me with modem type garbage!!

then they tell me I have to wait another 48 hours before they can resolve
the issues.

Let buyer beware

David

Big ****ing deal! As if BT are better - and in any case most of the
problems arise from BT, as they continue to "manage" the line and the
boradband.
Tro
Old December 26th 06, 07:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

TroJon wrote:
Aristobulus wrote:
Oh My

They upgraded my phone and broadband did TalkTalk

as a result...

I lost my broadband
I gained a continental style ring tone
and when I dial 1571 and hang up
it phones me with modem type garbage!!

then they tell me I have to wait another 48 hours before they can
resolve the issues.

Let buyer beware

David

Big ****ing deal! As if BT are better - and in any case most of the
problems arise from BT, as they continue to "manage" the line and
the
boradband.
Tro

Well the broadband is managed in house by Talk Talk & seeing as the
telephone service is also supplied by their kit. That only leaves BT
looking after the copper connection, none of which appears to be
relevant to the OP.

Old December 26th 06, 09:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Aaron Borbora

"TroJon" wrote in message
Aristobulus wrote:
Oh My

They upgraded my phone and broadband did TalkTalk

as a result...

I lost my broadband
I gained a continental style ring tone
and when I dial 1571 and hang up
it phones me with modem type garbage!!

then they tell me I have to wait another 48 hours before they can resolve
the issues.

Let buyer beware

David

Big ****ing deal! As if BT are better - and in any case most of the
problems arise from BT, as they continue to "manage" the line and the
boradband.

My new car developed a fault. I took it back to the dealer but he said it
was BT's fault and there was nothing more anyone could do and I would just
have to put up with it.

Old December 26th 06, 10:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
TroJon

Aaron Borbora wrote:
"TroJon" wrote in message
Aristobulus wrote:
Oh My

They upgraded my phone and broadband did TalkTalk

as a result...

I lost my broadband
I gained a continental style ring tone
and when I dial 1571 and hang up
it phones me with modem type garbage!!

then they tell me I have to wait another 48 hours before they can resolve
the issues.

Let buyer beware

David

Big ****ing deal! As if BT are better - and in any case most of the
problems arise from BT, as they continue to "manage" the line and the
boradband.

My new car developed a fault. I took it back to the dealer but he said it
was BT's fault and there was nothing more anyone could do and I would just
have to put up with it.

You took your new car back to the dealer and he said it was a fault
known to Ford and that they should be held responsible.
Tro
Old December 26th 06, 11:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Aaron Borbora

"TroJon" wrote in message
Aaron Borbora wrote:
"TroJon" wrote in message
Aristobulus wrote:
[...]

And then arranged for a repair.

Old December 27th 06, 07:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Aaron B

"TroJon" wrote in message
Aaron Borbora wrote:
"TroJon" wrote in message
Aaron Borbora wrote:
"TroJon" wrote in message
Aristobulus wrote:
[...]

It was fixed.
They didn't give me the run around asking me to contact X, Y and his sister
and not getting anything done.