ADSL2+

Old December 17th 06, 02:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rőbstër

Default ADSL2+

I'm regrading to ADSL2+ on Tuesday.

I've noticed my downstream SnR to be lower than it was... 20dB now, it was
higher than that.

I realise the SnR will be lower with ADSL2+ - but I'm not there yet, is
this all part of the upgrade procedure?
Old December 17th 06, 03:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

"Rőbstër" wrote:

I'm regrading to ADSL2+ on Tuesday.

With whom and where ?

Graham

Old December 17th 06, 03:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rőbstër

Eeyore wrote in
:

"Rőbstër" wrote:

I'm regrading to ADSL2+ on Tuesday.

With whom and where ?

BeThere - Southampton.
Old December 18th 06, 03:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin˛

Lower SNR is WORSE !
Or do you mean attenuation ?
Regards,
Martin

Old December 18th 06, 09:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Martin˛" wrote in message
Lower SNR is WORSE !
Or do you mean attenuation ?
Regards,
Martin

He meant SNR.
ADSL2+ appears to work fine with 6dB and that is what the negotiation aims
for to give the highest speed.
If you are on a very good line then it will give higher SNR figures (mine's
10.7) but most people will get about 6dB.

Old December 18th 06, 06:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rőbstër

"Martin˛" wrote in news:[email protected]
reader02.plus.net:

Lower SNR is WORSE !
Or do you mean attenuation ?
Regards,
Martin

Can't remember to be honest.

But hey, I migrated today...

So far.

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1,230 / 20,488

I'll take that thank you.
Old December 18th 06, 06:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rőbstër

"[email protected]" wrote in
:

He meant SNR.
ADSL2+ appears to work fine with 6dB and that is what the negotiation
aims for to give the highest speed.
If you are on a very good line then it will give higher SNR figures
(mine's 10.7) but most people will get about 6dB.

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1,230 / 20,488

Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.0 / 16.5

Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 4.5 / 12.0

SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 8.0 / 6.5

Seems ok, even though - 6.5db SN Margin is close to the limit.
Old December 18th 06, 10:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nicola Redwood

"Rőbstër" wrote in message
"Martin˛" wrote in
news:[email protected]
reader02.plus.net:

Lower SNR is WORSE !
Or do you mean attenuation ?
Regards,
Martin

Can't remember to be honest.

But hey, I migrated today...

So far.

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1,230 / 20,488

I'll take that thank you.

The standard SNR on ADSL2+ with Be Unlimited is 6db
Those stats are looking quite good
See how things go for 24 hours and then try tweaking with the DMT tool i.e
drop you SNR to 3db

Nicola

Old December 18th 06, 11:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rőbstër

"Nicola Redwood" wrote in
:

The standard SNR on ADSL2+ with Be Unlimited is 6db
Those stats are looking quite good
See how things go for 24 hours and then try tweaking with the DMT tool
i.e drop you SNR to 3db

Good idea - I'll have a go this weekend once I've got work out the way.

Old February 27th 07, 09:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

"Rőbstër" wrote:

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1,230 / 20,488

I'll take that thank you.

Who's that with ?

Graham