Pusnet: hoarding e-mail

Old December 18th 06, 09:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Allan Gould

Default Pusnet: hoarding e-mail

I use Pusnet to forward e-mail (unfortunately). It seems to be hanging
on to e-mail for up to 48 hours in some cases before forwarding it. What
is going on?
Old December 18th 06, 09:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Allan Gould wrote:

I use Pusnet to forward e-mail (unfortunately). It seems to be hanging
on to e-mail for up to 48 hours in some cases before forwarding it. What
is going on?

God knows what's going on there. It's beyond anyone's understanding AIUI. It's
certainly beyond mine.

Can I simply suggest you get another mail account that works instead ?

Graham

Old December 18th 06, 10:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Martin Underwood wrote:

Eeyore wrote in message
Allan Gould wrote:

I use Pusnet to forward e-mail (unfortunately). It seems to be
hanging on to e-mail for up to 48 hours in some cases before
forwarding it. What is going on?

God knows what's going on there. It's beyond anyone's understanding
AIUI. It's certainly beyond mine.

Can I simply suggest you get another mail account that works instead ?

According to their status emails, they have had to cope with a severe Denial
of Service attack on their POP servers over the weekend, which has caused
major problems. I've just received an email that was sent late on 15 Dec and
not delivered until early on 18 Dec.

And that makes it OK ?

I'm glad I got away from them. I was probably one of the first to get an LLU MAC
out of them in fact after they'd initially told me I'd have to 'cease and
reprovide' to get back on a BT connection. They were utterly hopeless. Bless
Idnet for having me !

Graham

Old December 18th 06, 11:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 09:53:46 -0000, "Bernardo Gui"
wrote:

Perhaps if they gave better service, they wouldn't attract "denial of
service" attacks, which are obviously from disgruntled customers.

Proof?

Jim.
Old December 18th 06, 11:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 09:46:33 +0000, Eeyore
wrote:

And that makes it OK ?

If the DDOS attack had been instigated in some way by PlusNet, then
not OK, but otherwise.......?

Bless
Idnet for having me !

A thought echoed by some on the PlusNet groups :-)

Jim.
Old December 18th 06, 01:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

wrote

wrote:

And that makes it OK ?

If the DDOS attack had been instigated in some way by PlusNet, then
not OK, but otherwise.......?

Bless
Idnet for having me !

A thought echoed by some on the PlusNet groups :-)

Jim.

Pity poor Zen getting all the pussnet rejects who secretly yearn to
throw their dosh at the ****tiest ISP in the UK.

puss = cat as in 'puss in boots'.

Old December 18th 06, 01:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoNeedToKnow

On 18 Dec 2006 , "Bernardo Gui" wrote:

Perhaps if they gave better service, they wouldn't attract "denial of
service" attacks, which are obviously from disgruntled customers.

So perhaps you can identify the problems which Cloud 9 customers had before
their ISP closed, due to prolonged DDoS some few years ago...
Old December 18th 06, 02:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gizmo.

wrote:

And that makes it OK ?

If the DDOS attack had been instigated in some way by PlusNet, then
not OK, but otherwise.......?

But otherwise they should have measures in place to stop DoS attacks ;o)