1 Meg, Unlimited downloads, 30pm ?

Old December 19th 06, 01:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim

Default 1 Meg, Unlimited downloads, 30pm ?

OK I'm on and old Zen 1meg package, costs me 30pm and get true unlimited
downloads 24/7 but as some of you know this goes out the window in March, so
looking for another ISP.

I need just a simple 1 meg line, max cost of 30pm, no migration costs if
possable but will cough up if i have to, and true unlimited downloads no FUP
****, and max contract length of 3 months, zen only had 30 days but i was
with them for donkeys

I have come across Zazizam http://tinyurl.com/y37n6s as well as Gravity
http://tinyurl.com/yxkhn7 anyone have any thoughts on these, or would you
suggest any others?

TIA

Old December 19th 06, 01:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoNeedToKnow

On 19 Dec 2006, "Jim" wrote:

and true unlimited downloads no FUP

Freeola isn't unlimited but offers 300+ GB/month (mostly off-peak, of
course) for 24.99/month. Unlimited is rare, and even AOL UK may not
offer it 'forever' (depending on which other firm buys them out).

I think Aquiss (.net) is another Entanet reseller that will offer some
similar account at similar price. Of course, they were recently having
capacity problems but the latest central was due to go live 'soon'.
Old December 19th 06, 02:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim Crowther

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 00:44:50, NoNeedToKnow wrote:

(mostly off-peak, of course)

This does depend on what is considered to be 'off-peak'. Please define.

I'm lucky that my ISP has a diametrically opposite view to most others,
so my 3GB/month limit (only download counts) affects me hardly at all.

--
Jim Crowther.

West London MAG: Popes Grotto, Twickenham, every Tuesday from 21:00 onwards.
Old December 19th 06, 09:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Jim" wrote in message
OK I'm on and old Zen 1meg package, costs me 30pm and get true unlimited
downloads 24/7 but as some of you know this goes out the window in March,
so looking for another ISP.

I need just a simple 1 meg line, max cost of 30pm, no migration costs if
possable but will cough up if i have to, and true unlimited downloads no
FUP ****, and max contract length of 3 months, zen only had 30 days but i
was with them for donkeys

I have come across Zazizam http://tinyurl.com/y37n6s

12 month contract.

as well as Gravity http://tinyurl.com/yxkhn7 anyone have any thoughts on
these,

Read the terms and conditions carefully.. especially the bit about illegal
use.

or would you suggest any others?

There are no ISPs that don't have a FUP even if it isn't written down.
If you cause them problems with other customers they will act to stop it.
(Which would you want a load of happy games users or a few happy P2P users?
They are effectively mutually exclusive on the same pipe unless you have
good traffic management. As some P2P users actively avoid such management
you are left with the sin bin approach where you put heavy users on a
separate pipe.)
If this means putting you in a sin bin then that's what they will do.
They all reserve the right to do this sort of thing.
They usually call it "ensuring you get a good service".
The best you can do is avoid CAPs and hope that the pipes they put the P2P
users on aren't too restrictive.

Old December 19th 06, 09:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JohnDH

This does depend on what is considered to be 'off-peak'. Please define.

Peak: Monday to Friday 0800 to 2200, all other times are off peak.

Cheers

John DH
Old December 19th 06, 12:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
[L.]

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 00:37:52 -0000, "Jim"
wrote:

OK I'm on and old Zen 1meg package, costs me 30pm and get true unlimited
downloads 24/7 but as some of you know this goes out the window in March, so
looking for another ISP.

I need just a simple 1 meg line, max cost of 30pm, no migration costs if
possable but will cough up if i have to, and true unlimited downloads no FUP
****, and max contract length of 3 months, zen only had 30 days but i was
with them for donkeys

I have come across Zazizam http://tinyurl.com/y37n6s as well as Gravity
http://tinyurl.com/yxkhn7 anyone have any thoughts on these, or would you
suggest any others?

AOL.

Plus
No contract if you tell them you already have their "supported"
hardware.
If you have a router you don't need to install their software at all.
Totally and completely unlimited.

Minus
Abysmal tech support (generally, although it seems that at times some
intelligent person is indeed manning their phones)
No newsgroups (claranews is a cost-effective alternative)
Being bought by CFW :-(

If you have a friend already on AOL there was a promotion and you both
get some money off.

[L.]
Old December 19th 06, 02:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim

"Jethro" wrote in message
. net...

Seen this one
http://www.ukfsn.org/home/internet/adsl/unlimited.html

That was the other one i had looked at in the past and lost URL, so thanks
for that Jethro.

Does anoyone have any experience with either the Two I mentioned plus
ukfsn.org, I have just rung and spoke to someone at ukfsn and they have
30 day rolling contract, so that's good.

Rang Gravity and waiting on someone coming back to me, also tried
zazizam but kept going round and round in there phone system so think
i'll knock that on the head before i go any further.

Old December 19th 06, 02:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim

wrote:

[...]

I was thinking about AOL before carphone warehouse got involved, and it
has spooked me big time, knowing my luck i'd join up and 3 days later i'd
get slapped with a 50GB limit or something.

I don't bother with P2P, vast majority of bandwidth is used on UseNet via
NewsHosting.

I would move to them if it was not for CW being involved nowadays.

Old December 19th 06, 06:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mel

"Jim" wrote in message ...

I have come across Zazizam http://tinyurl.com/y37n6s

anyone have any thoughts on these, or would you
suggest any others?

A V21 reseller https://secure.ispserve.co.uk/sec/_a...stomer_signup/

V21 is now owned by Biscit. check out their forums on http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/threads.php?Cat=
and www.ispreview.co.uk .

V21's uncapped/ unlimited packages used to have a 40 gig cap, but that may have changed now Biscit has taken over.

Zen - V21 is quite a come down in quality in my opinion.

Can you get any LLU providers in your area http://www.samknows.com/broadband/checker2.php ?

Old December 19th 06, 07:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tx2

In article , luckyjim2000_2000
@yahoo.com says...

I was thinking about AOL before carphone warehouse got involved, and it
has spooked me big time, knowing my luck i'd join up and 3 days later i'd
get slapped with a 50GB limit or something.

So, you'd be entitled to leave if the contract change was to your
detriment. In the interim, all your needs would be satisfied.