Provider suggestions, please

Old December 19th 06, 02:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

Default Provider suggestions, please

Hello,

I need an ISP that will allow a range of IP addresses to be registered to
me.......in other words, should someone perform a WHOIS lookup on an IP
address, all the contact info displayed should be ours, and not the
ISP's......

Old December 19th 06, 04:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan J. Wylie

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 13:55:49 GMT, "Jono" said:

Hello, I need an ISP that will allow a range of IP addresses to be
registered to me.......in other words, should someone perform a
WHOIS lookup on an IP address, all the contact info displayed should
be ours, and not the ISP's......

How many IP addresses?

You will have a big problem if you want no other organisation in the
whois record for a small number of IP addresses.

http://www.ripe.net/ripe/docs/ripe-387.html

| The RIPE NCC's minimum allocation size is /21.

Assignment of IP addresses by an ISP to a customer is called SWIP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shared_Whois_Project

If you just want a /29 allocated to you, with your contact details at
the top of the whois record, Zen do it - if you want to see an example
run whois on the NNTP-Posting-Host of this post.

--
Alan J. Wylie http://www.wylie.me.uk/
"Perfection [in design] is achieved not when there is nothing left to add,
Old December 19th 06, 04:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 13:55:49 UTC, "Jono" wrote:

Hello,

I need an ISP that will allow a range of IP addresses to be registered to
me.......in other words, should someone perform a WHOIS lookup on an IP
address, all the contact info displayed should be ours, and not the
ISP's......

AAISP. They will do this even for a small block. I have a /29 with my
name on everything. Indeed, it's the default!

http://www.voipinside.net
Old December 19th 06, 05:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 15:59:27 UTC, Jethro wrote:

If you signup for a block of more than 4 (or thereabouts) your details
will be shown in whois. Get 8 (which appears to be the standard number)
and you'll be okay.

Indeed...but usually not for ALL the contact info. Do keep up.

http://www.voipinside.net
Old December 19th 06, 06:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

"Jethro" wrote in message
. net...
Jono wrote

Hello,

I need an ISP that will allow a range of IP addresses to be registered to
me.......in other words, should someone perform a WHOIS lookup on an IP
address, all the contact info displayed should be ours, and not the
ISP's......

If you signup for a block of more than 4 (or thereabouts) your details
will be shown in whois. Get 8 (which appears to be the standard number)
and you'll be okay.

Thank you all for your replies.

I have a block of 8, however ISP seems unable/unwilling to alter anything
with regards to the WHOIS record

Old December 19th 06, 06:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 17:08:29 UTC, "Jono" wrote:

I have a block of 8, however ISP seems unable/unwilling to alter anything
with regards to the WHOIS record

Change ISP! Mine provides web control pages to change both the admin and
tech contact details.

http://www.voipinside.net
Old December 19th 06, 07:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 17:08:29 UTC, "Jono" wrote:

I have a block of 8, however ISP seems unable/unwilling to alter anything
with regards to the WHOIS record

Change ISP! Mine provides web control pages to change both the admin and
tech contact details.

That's the plan.

The MAC has been requested!

You're with AAISP? I've tried ringing them however they're shut :-(

Old December 19th 06, 07:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 18:01:07 UTC, "Jono" wrote:

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 17:08:29 UTC, "Jono" wrote:

I have a block of 8, however ISP seems unable/unwilling to alter anything
with regards to the WHOIS record

Change ISP! Mine provides web control pages to change both the admin and
tech contact details.

That's the plan.

The MAC has been requested!

You're with AAISP? I've tried ringing them however they're shut :-(

AAISP indeed. They work office hours, and so (nominally) is support.
However, if things break they generally fix it pretty quickly.

Try first thing tomorrow.

(the only ISP I know of who has lifted their download limits for
Christmas week!)
http://www.voipinside.net
Old December 19th 06, 07:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tx2

In article , rde42
@spamcop.net says...

(the only ISP I know of who has lifted their download limits for
Christmas week!)

SSSSSssshhhh!!!