BT Broadband cancellations

Old December 19th 06, 06:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob

Default BT Broadband cancellations

How long does it take for an order cancelled by BT broadband to come off the
system so an order can be placed with a isp that can supply broadband?
BT had me on broadband for 6 days after numerous cancellations but then took
me off because they said it shouldn't be working. Said it couldn't have been
working even though it was working perfectly for the 6 days but they would
reconnect me today the 19th. Informed me this morning that they had again
cancelled and all orders would be eventually cancelled by BT on our
exchange. Waiting to order with alternative supplier but they will not take
the order as a check says there is an outstanding order on the line. Any
advice please.
Bob

Old December 19th 06, 06:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Maneate

"Bob" wrote in message
news
How long does it take for an order cancelled by BT broadband to come off
the system so an order can be placed with a isp that can supply broadband?
BT had me on broadband for 6 days after numerous cancellations but then
took me off because they said it shouldn't be working. Said it couldn't
have been working even though it was working perfectly for the 6 days but
they would reconnect me today the 19th. Informed me this morning that they
had again cancelled and all orders would be eventually cancelled by BT on
our exchange. Waiting to order with alternative supplier but they will not
take the order as a check says there is an outstanding order on the line.
Any advice please.
Bob

Usually about 5 working days from when the cease order for the BB is
initiated - ie first processed. But can depend on numerous other factors
kicking in - system problems, human error, etc, etc.

Old December 19th 06, 10:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Cupis

Bob wrote:
How long does it take for an order cancelled by BT broadband to come off the
system so an order can be placed with a isp that can supply broadband?
BT had me on broadband for 6 days after numerous cancellations but then took
me off because they said it shouldn't be working. Said it couldn't have been
working even though it was working perfectly for the 6 days but they would
reconnect me today the 19th. Informed me this morning that they had again
cancelled and all orders would be eventually cancelled by BT on our
exchange. Waiting to order with alternative supplier but they will not take
the order as a check says there is an outstanding order on the line. Any
advice please.

Ask your prefered ISP to place the order for your service using a
"manual CRF", and hopefully BT wholesale sort it out for you both.
Old December 19th 06, 10:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John P

Bob wrote:
How long does it take for an order cancelled by BT broadband to come off the
system so an order can be placed with a isp that can supply broadband?
BT had me on broadband for 6 days after numerous cancellations but then took
me off because they said it shouldn't be working. Said it couldn't have been
working even though it was working perfectly for the 6 days but they would
reconnect me today the 19th. Informed me this morning that they had again
cancelled and all orders would be eventually cancelled by BT on our
exchange. Waiting to order with alternative supplier but they will not take
the order as a check says there is an outstanding order on the line. Any
advice please.
Bob

This line checker seems to give quite thorough details on orders and
cancellations

http://www.prodigynet.co.uk/menu.php.../adsllinecheck