Orange/Livebox and Wireless Adapter

Old December 19th 06, 08:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Orange/Livebox and Wireless Adapter

I need to buy a wireless adapter so that my desktop can connect to the
Livebox provided by Orange and was wondering whether I need to buy a
specific type from these
(http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/searc...SubcatUID=1020)
?

Cheers

Old December 21st 06, 12:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gaz

(
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/searc...SubcatUID=1020)
?

Cheers

any standard wirless device should work, be aware though, that it can be
problematic as they router will try to connect at the highest security
level, while seemingly broadcasting the keys for both wep and wpa. This
throws off the windows wireless configuration tool.

Solution in many cases is to log into router and change router to *either*
wpa or wep, not both.

Gaz