Orange email problem?

Old December 21st 06, 12:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Victor Delta

Default Orange email problem?

Is anyone else having problems with Orange's email service tonight?

Having had no problems for weeks, Outlook Express is throwing up the 'enter
username/password' box every time it tries to access my Orange account.
Other accounts are working fine.

Old December 21st 06, 12:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

"Victor Delta" wrote in message

Is anyone else having problems with Orange's email
service tonight?
Having had no problems for weeks, Outlook Express is
throwing up the 'enter username/password' box every time
it tries to access my Orange account. Other accounts are
working fine.

Working ok here, although I do get that problem occasionally on all my
accounts, but not all at the same time.

Ivor

Old December 21st 06, 12:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
CheggersPop

Ivor Jones submitted this idea :
"Victor Delta" wrote in message

Is anyone else having problems with Orange's email
service tonight?
Having had no problems for weeks, Outlook Express is
throwing up the 'enter username/password' box every time
it tries to access my Orange account. Other accounts are
working fine.

Working ok here, although I do get that problem occasionally on all my
accounts, but not all at the same time.

Ivor

Been having problems with an orangehome account for the last 2/3 days
with the enter username/password matter.

Had to log-in to the orange website and found there were no emails,
however am now aware that there should have been at least a couple, as
people have since confirm they sent stuff.

Tried sending myself a test email and OE then worked, however the
"missing" emails didn't appear, so I've ditched orangehome!

Old December 21st 06, 11:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NewsNN

"Victor Delta" wrote in
:

Is anyone else having problems with Orange's email service tonight?

Having had no problems for weeks, Outlook Express is throwing up the
'enter username/password' box every time it tries to access my Orange
account. Other accounts are working fine.

Had the same problem last week. Webmail fine but Outlook playing up.

Try changing your POP settings to pop.orangehome.co.uk if you are still
using freeserve/wanadoo pop settings. No need to change account details or
anything and solved the problem for me.
Old December 22nd 06, 12:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Victor Delta

"NewsNN" wrote in message
.uk...
Try changing your POP settings to pop.orangehome.co.uk if you are still
using freeserve/wanadoo pop settings. No need to change account details
or
anything and solved the problem for me.

Thanks for the help. Curiously working fine again today. Just one of those
odd, intermittent, Orange problems perhaps?!