SIP ADSL Router

Old December 21st 06, 07:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Downes

Default SIP ADSL Router

Can anybody recommend a SIP aware ADSL router that will allow VoIP traffic
to and from the private internal network?

Old December 21st 06, 08:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Peter Downes wrote :
Can anybody recommend a SIP aware ADSL router that will allow VoIP traffic
to and from the private internal network?

The VoIP firmware that can be had here
http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads.php is excellent.

Have a look at the docs to see which routers you can use it with. Pay
particular attention to model numbers & version numbers, though - the
newer Linksys models in most UK shops don't have enough memory to
support the third party firmware.

Old December 21st 06, 11:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Peter Downes" wrote in message

Can anybody recommend a SIP aware ADSL router that will
allow VoIP traffic to and from the private internal
network?

Assuming the network you are connecting to has a fixed IP address, I would
have thought most would work. I have an AVM Fritz!Box Fon connected to a
private Asterisk system that seems to work quite well.

Ivor

Old December 21st 06, 03:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim

Peter Downes wrote:
Can anybody recommend a SIP aware ADSL router that will allow VoIP traffic
to and from the private internal network?

Intertex has a full SIP server on board that can bridge the gap.

But, something as clever as the Intertex isn't needed for simple
applications. Most SIP service providers deploy Session Border
Controllers. These make the voice traffic symmetric and so it will go
in fine for most simple NAT devices.

Tim
Old December 21st 06, 11:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Gradwell

Peter Downes wrote:
Can anybody recommend a SIP aware ADSL router that will allow VoIP traffic
to and from the private internal network?

we're fond of the speedtouch 780.

cheers
peter