BT Hub Phone

Old December 21st 06, 10:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jack Fate

Default BT Hub Phone

I am a BT Broadband customer of long standing . Probably just about to
accept of transfer to BT Total Broadband.

Will decide when pack comes whether to use the BT Home Hub or keep with
current current Netgear Super Wireless ADSL Modem Router.

I have read the threads on pros & cons of this.

My question is , do I HAVE to use a BT Hub Phone (49.99) to access BT
Broadband Talk. Can one use other phones, ? eg I have a Tesco Broadband
phone.
Landline uses a network of 5 Dect phones.

Thanks for any help

Richard

Old December 21st 06, 11:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Keith Willcocks

"Jack Fate" wrote in message
I am a BT Broadband customer of long standing . Probably just about to
accept of transfer to BT Total Broadband.

Will decide when pack comes whether to use the BT Home Hub or keep with
current current Netgear Super Wireless ADSL Modem Router.

I have read the threads on pros & cons of this.

My question is , do I HAVE to use a BT Hub Phone (49.99) to access BT
Broadband Talk. Can one use other phones, ? eg I have a Tesco Broadband
phone.
Landline uses a network of 5 Dect phones.

I have an ancient bog standard tone phone plugged in to the hub and it works
fine on BT Talk. An adapter comes with the hub to give you a standard BT
type phone socket.
--
Keith Willcocks

Old December 21st 06, 01:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Jack Fate:
I am a BT Broadband customer of long standing . Probably just about to
accept of transfer to BT Total Broadband.

Will decide when pack comes whether to use the BT Home Hub or keep
with current current Netgear Super Wireless ADSL Modem Router.

I have read the threads on pros & cons of this.

My question is , do I HAVE to use a BT Hub Phone (49.99) to access BT
Broadband Talk. Can one use other phones, ? eg I have a Tesco
Broadband phone.
Landline uses a network of 5 Dect phones.

Thanks for any help

Richard

Tesco broadband phone, isn't a phone, it's just a phone shaped piece of
plastic with a crappy soundcard in it with earpiece and speaker, as are
all USB 'phones'.

People have been able to find the details required to use other
hardware, you could use these setting in a softphone and use the usb
thingy if you wished, have a look over at uk.telecom.voip

Mobile Offers: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/payg
Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Old December 21st 06, 02:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jack Fate

"Keith Willcocks" wrote in message

"Jack Fate" wrote in message
I am a BT Broadband customer of long standing . Probably just about to
accept of transfer to BT Total Broadband.

Will decide when pack comes whether to use the BT Home Hub or keep with
current current Netgear Super Wireless ADSL Modem Router.

I have read the threads on pros & cons of this.

My question is , do I HAVE to use a BT Hub Phone (49.99) to access BT
Broadband Talk. Can one use other phones, ? eg I have a Tesco Broadband
phone.
Landline uses a network of 5 Dect phones.

I have an ancient bog standard tone phone plugged in to the hub and it
works fine on BT Talk. An adapter comes with the hub to give you a
standard BT type phone socket.
--
Keith Willcocks

Many thanks to Keith and "welcome" for your swift & helpful responces.
I think you have said enough for me to not fork out for the Hub Phone and
experiment from there.

Thanks again

Richard