Sipgate down or is it just me ?

Old December 22nd 06, 07:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Sipgate down or is it just me ?

My Sipgate phone doesn't seem to be working tonight ... is it just me ?

Old December 22nd 06, 09:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Roger

wrote in message
My Sipgate phone doesn't seem to be working tonight ... is it just me ?

mines ok

Old December 22nd 06, 10:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Roger" wrote in message

wrote in message
My Sipgate phone doesn't seem to be working tonight ...
is it just me ?

Not working in what way..? Totally dead or other problems..? Is your ATA
registering..?

mines ok

Ok here, although I notice I sometimes don't get a ring tone calling
another SIP number using the full PSTN number. Try my clock on 1431320
(020 7043 1320) as a test if you want to.

Ivor

Old December 22nd 06, 11:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
"Roger" wrote in message

wrote in message
My Sipgate phone doesn't seem to be working tonight ...
is it just me ?

Not working in what way..? Totally dead or other problems..? Is your ATA
registering..?

mines ok

Ok here, although I notice I sometimes don't get a ring tone calling
another SIP number using the full PSTN number. Try my clock on 1431320
(020 7043 1320) as a test if you want to.

Ivor

I get a "no response from server" message on my GXP2000
and I am using "sipgate.co.uk" sip server ...

I will try again tomorrow

Old December 22nd 06, 11:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh :
My Sipgate phone doesn't seem to be working tonight ... is it just me
?

I've not had any problem today.

--
60 day free DVD rental:
www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/dvd

Old December 23rd 06, 11:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Still broken today ! My other account (voipfone) is working but the sipgate
account here from Alderdshot seems to be down.

Old December 23rd 06, 02:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote in message

Still broken today ! My other account (voipfone) is
working but the sipgate account here from Alderdshot
seems to be down.

Ok here, just used it. Is it totally dead (i.e. no registration) or is it
merely limited access, i.e. no PSTN in/out or whatever..? Can you be more
specific..?

I've sometimes found that rebooting the router and/or ATA can help to jog
a recalcitrant piece of kit into registering, have you tried this..?

Ivor

Old December 23rd 06, 05:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
Ok here, just used it. Is it totally dead (i.e. no registration) or is it
merely limited access, i.e. no PSTN in/out or whatever..? Can you be more
specific..?

I have a Grandstream GXP2000 with 2 accounts ( 1 sipgate and 1 voipfone ).
I have not changed any settings and it has been working for months.

Voipfone works fine (i.e. I can dial my mobile and it rings)
Since yesterday afternoon, the sipgate account does not work (i.e. when i
try to call my mobile, I get a "NO RESPONSE - There was no response received
from the server" message) (and when I try to ring my PTSN number from the
mobile, I have a voice saying "The person you are calling is not available")

I've sometimes found that rebooting the router and/or ATA can help to jog
a recalcitrant piece of kit into registering, have you tried this..?

Yes, without success

Old December 23rd 06, 05:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Another thing is that the phone doesn't show the time / date as it used to.

When looking at sipgate website, the phone is offline and the screen says :

Device status (Laxxxxx Pexxxxx: 275xxxx)

Here is an overview of all SIP devices with your SIP-ID which are
currently* connected to the sipgate server.
Please click on a device to display a link for your homepage.

Device type Expire IP SIP-ID

23.12.2006 00:00h

Old December 23rd 06, 09:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote in message

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 16:34:18 GMT,
wrote:

Another thing is that the phone doesn't show the time /
date as it used to.

When looking at sipgate website, the phone is offline
and the screen says :

Device status (Laxxxxx Pexxxxx: 275xxxx)

Get yourself with a REAL voip provider like
voipfone.co.uk or uk.voip.co.uk sod the German would like
to be but don't know how .

I'm sure there's a sentence in there somewhere, but I'm buggered if I can
find it..!

Here's a clue for you, Ron:

http://www.abnormalpenguin.com/cluepon.jpg

Ivor