BT Voyager 220v ADSL Voice Router

Old December 23rd 06, 03:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sarah

Default BT Voyager 220v ADSL Voice Router

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could please help me, my cousin has just received
a new modem from BT - BT Voyager 220v ADSL Voice Router. When installing it
it kept asking for the username and password and even though she was
entering it in correctly, it kept popping back up. So I quickly looked on
the Internet for a way to stop this and read to put in admin and admin as
the username and password. Is this correct? Hope so as she has just done
it and is ringing me back to let me know!

Any advice would be brilliant!

Thanks in advance!

Sarah x

Old December 23rd 06, 04:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kev

Sarah wrote:
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could please help me, my cousin has just received
a new modem from BT - BT Voyager 220v ADSL Voice Router. When installing it
it kept asking for the username and password and even though she was
entering it in correctly, it kept popping back up. So I quickly looked on
the Internet for a way to stop this and read to put in admin and admin as
the username and password. Is this correct? Hope so as she has just done
it and is ringing me back to let me know!

Any advice would be brilliant!

Thanks in advance!

Sarah x

I don't know whether it is still true or not but this was a "Business
Broadband " only router at one point and they should have e-mailed your
cousin with the correct "Network Login Username" and "Network Login
Password".
Old December 23rd 06, 05:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
speckled hen

Kev wrote:

Sarah wrote:
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could please help me, my cousin has just received
a new modem from BT - BT Voyager 220v ADSL Voice Router. When installing it
it kept asking for the username and password and even though she was
entering it in correctly, it kept popping back up. So I quickly looked on
the Internet for a way to stop this and read to put in admin and admin as
the username and password. Is this correct? Hope so as she has just done
it and is ringing me back to let me know!

Any advice would be brilliant!

Thanks in advance!

Sarah x

I don't know whether it is still true or not but this was a "Business
Broadband " only router at one point and they should have e-mailed your
cousin with the correct "Network Login Username" and "Network Login
Password".

These are also used on the latest BT total broadband.
What isp are you trying to connect to.
if it's bt it needs to be the email address and password of the account.

Old December 23rd 06, 06:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Sarah wrote:

I was wondering if anyone could please help me, my cousin has just received
a new modem from BT - BT Voyager 220v ADSL Voice Router. When installing it
it kept asking for the username and password and even though she was
entering it in correctly, it kept popping back up. So I quickly looked on
the Internet for a way to stop this and read to put in admin and admin as
the username and password. Is this correct?

If its a Windows IE username box yes. username and password are both
case sensitive, needs to be all lower case. If this doesn't get her
into the configuration of the router, there is a reset button on the
back which should be held in for a few seconds with the power on to
reset it to default settings.

Any advice would be brilliant!

If this is for a BT total broadband line she probably won't need to do
anything username and password wise, plug in the ethernet cable and it
normally just works. If it's a business broadband line then she will
need to run through the quick setup process to enter the network logon
which will start A****** or B****** @hg**.btclick.com and password.

Regards

William MacLeod

Old December 23rd 06, 06:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sarah

Hi, thanks for replying,

wrote in message

If its a Windows IE username box yes. username and password are both
case sensitive, needs to be all lower case. If this doesn't get her
into the configuration of the router, there is a reset button on the
back which should be held in for a few seconds with the power on to
reset it to default settings.

She has tried the reset button but nothing happens.

If this is for a BT total broadband line she probably won't need to do
anything username and password wise, plug in the ethernet cable and it
normally just works. If it's a business broadband line then she will
need to run through the quick setup process to enter the network logon
which will start A****** or B****** @hg**.btclick.com and password.

She kept trying her username and password and it kept saying no default
gateway unable to detect ADSL router or hub or network. It is not business,
just for home use. Have I made a big mistake telling her to type in Admin
and Admin?

Thanks,

Sarah

Old December 23rd 06, 07:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sarah

"speckled hen" wrote in message
oups.com...

Kev wrote:

Sarah wrote:
[...]

Yes it is BT, but her username (usual email) and password would not work.

Thanks,

Sarah

Old December 23rd 06, 07:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kev

Kev wrote:

Sarah wrote:
[...]

Try using the format

and substitute your cousins 1st name .last name
and leave the password blank.
Old December 23rd 06, 08:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 18:00:40 GMT, "Sarah" wrote:

Yes it is BT, but her username (usual email) and password would not work.

they usually work out of the box and have
as the username.

there is no password.

Phil
Old December 23rd 06, 08:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
[email protected]p.com

Sarah wrote:

Hi Sarah

She has tried the reset button but nothing happens.

She needs to hold it down for a few seconds with the power on till the
lights on the front change. Suspect she isn't holding it down long
enough.

She kept trying her username and password and it kept saying no default
gateway unable to detect ADSL router or hub or network. It is not business,
just for home use. Have I made a big mistake telling her to type in Admin
and Admin?

No, you haven't made any mistake there. Firstly, you want to ask your
friend what the lights are like on her voyager 220:

Power should be green
DSL should be solid green (not flashing)
Ethernet or USB should be green/flickering green

If she already has these lights on as above then she should open her
web browser and try typing in 192.168.1.1 into the address bar which
should present her with the voyager 220 homepage. On this page it will
tell her if she is "connected" already (and if so, for how long), or if
she is "ready to connect" (line synced up, but not logged on yet, in
which case there will be a "connect" button) or "not ready to connect".
She doesn't need a username or password to view this page. It is only
when she tries to access the actual configuration of the router that
she needs to enter router username/password, get her to try the above
and report back with what she sees.

Regards

William MacLeod