poor demon speed

Old December 23rd 06, 03:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
¬Stephen Hammond

Default poor demon speed

I can only download at 150kbps a second on a ADSL max line DEMon is rubbbish

What really annoys me is I changed the line the broadbands was on now the
service is about half as good

ADSL Parameters
Upstream SNR Margin 13.5 dB
Downstream SNR Margin 26 dB
dB Line Attenuation Upstream 21.5 dB
dB Line Attenuation Downstream 14.5 dB
CRC Errors 2 0
Latency Interleave Interleave

Old December 23rd 06, 05:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jay W

"¬Stephen Hammond" wrote in message
I can only download at 150kbps a second on a ADSL max line DEMon is
rubbbish

What really annoys me is I changed the line the broadbands was on now the
service is about half as good

ADSL Parameters
Upstream SNR Margin 13.5 dB
Downstream SNR Margin 26 dB
dB Line Attenuation Upstream 21.5 dB
dB Line Attenuation Downstream 14.5 dB
CRC Errors 2 0
Latency Interleave Interleave

Lucky you!!
my connection was ok on a 2Meg connection with d/l rates of around 250 kbps.
My problem started 6 weeks ago when they upgraded us to (upto) 8Meg and now
my D/L speeds are between 20 & 50 kbps. They have been blaming BT for the
last 4 weeks but BT have been out and tested my line ok to the exchange.
Initially I thought it was to do with stabilising my connection so thought
nothing of it but after 2 weeks of it finally reported to Demon. Fortunately
my contract is up on 21st Jan so have just paid up my contract and got my
MAC code and should hopefully be on a decent connection by 28th December.

Good luck if you take it up with Demon. I just got sick of being fobbed of
by them so jumped ship.

Jay W.

Old December 23rd 06, 05:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 15:42:05 -0000, "¬Stephen Hammond"
wrote:

I can only download at 150kbps a second on a ADSL max line

have you broken the FUP and been speed limited ?

You didn't give your modem sync speeds.

What is your IP profile, speedtester.bt.com usually tells you in the
end, or early in the morning.

http://newsnet.googlepages.com/maxdsldiagnostics

Phil
Old December 27th 06, 03:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 13:17:36 -0000, "¬Stephen Hammond"
wrote:

IP profile for your line is - 4500 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 5632 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 1747 kbps

correct profile for sync speed
from 5120Kbps 4.5Mbps
from 5696Kbps 5Mbps

Small RWIN ? http://www.speedguide.net/analyzer.php