Skype Adapter

Old December 23rd 06, 09:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Etthel The Other Frog

Default Skype Adapter

I know some people here do not like Skype.

Putting that to one side!

Does anyone know of an adapter that I can plug a normal phone into which
plugs into a standard phone socket and my router allowing me to make phone
calls either via the standard line or Skype without the need for a PC?

Thanx

Old December 23rd 06, 09:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Etthel The Other Frog" wrote in message

I know some people here do not like Skype.

Putting that to one side!

Does anyone know of an adapter that I can plug a normal
phone into which plugs into a standard phone socket and
my router allowing me to make phone calls either via the
standard line or Skype without the need for a PC?
Thanx

No. That's why we don't like Skype..!

Ivor

Old December 23rd 06, 11:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Me

Putting that to one side!

Does anyone know of an adapter that I can plug a normal
phone into which plugs into a standard phone socket and
my router allowing me to make phone calls either via the
standard line or Skype without the need for a PC?
Thanx

No. That's why we don't like Skype..!

Ivor

Ignoring Ivor's rather unhelpful, and incorrect response, you can get
a phone which does not require your PC to be on - as long as you have
a wireless router.

Netgear SPH101 SKYPE WiFi Phone.

Price is £123.94 inc VAT

http://www.ekind.co.uk/Inu_products/...p?ref=20322508

Me
Old December 23rd 06, 11:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Me" wrote in message

[snip]

Ignoring Ivor's rather unhelpful, and incorrect response,
you can get a phone which does not require your PC to be
on - as long as you have a wireless router.

Netgear SPH101 SKYPE WiFi Phone.

Price is £123.94 inc VAT

http://www.ekind.co.uk/Inu_products/...p?ref=20322508

Me

The OP specifically asked about an ATA. I have yet to see a device that
can take a normal phone and connect it to Skype, *without* a computer
being there somewhere.

Ivor

Old December 23rd 06, 11:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Etthel The Other Frog

"Me" wrote in message
Putting that to one side!

Does anyone know of an adapter that I can plug a normal
phone into which plugs into a standard phone socket and
my router allowing me to make phone calls either via the
standard line or Skype without the need for a PC?
Thanx

No. That's why we don't like Skype..!

Ivor

Ignoring Ivor's rather unhelpful, and incorrect response, you can get
a phone which does not require your PC to be on - as long as you have
a wireless router.

Netgear SPH101 SKYPE WiFi Phone.

Price is £123.94 inc VAT

http://www.ekind.co.uk/Inu_products/...p?ref=20322508

Me

Thanks - I already have one of these - quite a useful device!

I believe what I am after is an ATA for Skype

Old December 23rd 06, 11:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Etthel The Other Frog" wrote in message

[snip]

Thanks - I already have one of these - quite a useful
device!
I believe what I am after is an ATA for Skype

Which as I said, doesn't exist - unless someone knows otherwise..?

Ivor

Old December 24th 06, 12:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On 2006-12-23, Etthel The Other Frog wrote:

I know some people here do not like Skype.

Putting that to one side!

Does anyone know of an adapter that I can plug a normal phone into which
plugs into a standard phone socket and my router allowing me to make phone
calls either via the standard line or Skype without the need for a PC?

The DualPhone 3088.

Brian.
Old December 24th 06, 12:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

Old December 24th 06, 03:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

You CAN'T use NORMAL phone with Skype.
Skype is just a piece of P2P software, it needs a computer - in some form or
other - to work.

The choice is a USB phone plugged into switched ON PC,
or special (i.e. £££) Skype phone !
Regards,
Martin

Old December 24th 06, 10:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 23:53:01 +0000 (UTC), Brian
wrote:

The DualPhone 3088.

can you plug a normal phone into that ?

Phil