Voip stunt

Old December 27th 06, 04:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nigel

Default Voip stunt

Hi,

I am looking for a usb phone that will work with voip stunt??

I did buy a s-lite L 1545 from Argos but that will not work with it.

I only want to spend about 30 to 40.

thank-you.

Nigel
--

Winter and Summer holidays in the alps!!!
www.austrianfamilyholidays.co.uk

Old December 27th 06, 04:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nigel

Sorry forget to say a cordless usb phone!!

Old December 27th 06, 04:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Nigel:
Hi,

I am looking for a usb phone that will work with voip stunt??

I did buy a s-lite L 1545 from Argos but that will not work with it.

I only want to spend about 30 to 40.

thank-you.

Nigel

In what way didn't it work?

All these USB things are is a piece of plastic shaped like a phone with
a soundcard, mic and speaker in them, so the audio will work once you
tell the software phone to use that audio device. If it has a keypad
then you may need drivers for them.

The Tesco 'phone' available for a few quid will work with the drivers
downloaded from http://www.yealink.com/en/otherdown.asp

Mobile Offers: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/payg
Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Old December 27th 06, 04:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Nigel:
Hi,

I am looking for a usb phone that will work with voip stunt??

I did buy a s-lite L 1545 from Argos but that will not work with it.

I only want to spend about 30 to 40.

thank-you.

Nigel

How about an ATA and using a proper DECT cordless phone?

http://www.broadbandstuff.co.uk/prod...faf896345d2c45

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/3272352/-/Product.html

Requires a router, but then doesn't require the computer to be on to
make and receive calls.

I use a PAP2 ATA with VoIPStunt and Sipgate.

Old December 27th 06, 07:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 16:46:17 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
wrote:

Thus spaketh Nigel:
Hi,

I am looking for a usb phone that will work with voip stunt??

I did buy a s-lite L 1545 from Argos but that will not work with it.

I only want to spend about 30 to 40.

thank-you.

Nigel

How about an ATA and using a proper DECT cordless phone?

http://www.broadbandstuff.co.uk/prod...faf896345d2c45

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/3272352/-/Product.html

Requires a router, but then doesn't require the computer to be on to
make and receive calls.

I use a PAP2 ATA with VoIPStunt and Sipgate.

or an SPA-1001 @ $37.60 inc VAT
http://tinyurl.com/ydw9fu
2 VoIP phone lines terminate to one set of handsets.
Similar to the PAP2 but the PAP2 has 2 distinctive lines.
Any of these solutions don't require a computer to be on - you can
connect any ordinary phone, DECT or otherwise.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old December 31st 06, 11:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
dj

In message , Nigel writes

Hi,

I am looking for a usb phone that will work with voip stunt??

I did buy a s-lite L 1545 from Argos but that will not work with it.

I only want to spend about 30 to 40.

thank-you.

Nigel

Try this link :-
http://tinyurl.com/yfkox8

--
DJ
Old January 1st 07, 07:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nigel

Hi . happy New year.

Thanks for all your reply. I do know about the ATA devices but I need a new
phone any way, so I thought a new cordless usb phone would work out cheaper.

http://tinyurl.com/yfkox8 - will this work with Voip stunt??

thanks.

Nigel

Old January 1st 07, 11:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

"Nigel" wrote in message
Hi . happy New year.

Thanks for all your reply. I do know about the ATA devices but I need a
new
phone any way, so I thought a new cordless usb phone would work out
cheaper.

http://tinyurl.com/yfkox8 - will this work with Voip stunt??

thanks.

Nigel

Pretty sure this would not be compatible with VOIPStunt. You might be able
to get basic audio working on it with something like an X-Lite soft phone
but I am not at all sure that the additional functionality such as dialling
from the handset, Caller display, etc would work.

Why not a cheap DECT handset such as http://tinyurl.com/ylpsvq and an ATA
such as http://tinyurl.com/ydj27q?

http://tinyurl.com/yhnro8 also looks interesting, but I don't have any
experience of this and you will need a free ethernet port somewhere.

Although you won't find many people on this group (including myself) that
rate Skype as a replacement telephone service, if you are insistent that it
has to be a cordless USB phone, and are happy to accept that the computer
must be switched on to make a call, then Skype is the logical solution. I
won't repeat various historical threads about the other disadvantages of
Skype.

You could also go for a WiFi phone, but these are still far too expensive
and do not look sexy either IMHO.

Old January 2nd 07, 10:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul

dj wrote:
In message , Nigel writes

Hi,

I am looking for a usb phone that will work with voip stunt??

I did buy a s-lite L 1545 from Argos but that will not work with it.

I only want to spend about 30 to 40.

thank-you.

Nigel

Try this link :-
http://tinyurl.com/yfkox8

that's a Skype phone, it wont work with Voipstunt.

The Siemens C460IP that someone else linked to earlier on is a SIP phone
and should work fine with Voipstunt.

cheers,
Paul.