simple question

Old December 28th 06, 07:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ajay

Default simple question

Hi all,
I am very new to VOIP/SIP and using pjsip stack in making the
VOIP application.I have compiled the program and got PJSUA.EXE which
seems to have high functionalities if u run via command prompt..i have
following questions:

1. This EXE is a client base exe or server bases EXE? do i have to
setup a server if this is a server based EXE or localhost will do in
case of demo?

2. how ot make the GUI above that app?

I would be glad to know the answer from you experts..thank you. Ajay

Old December 28th 06, 09:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
ale.cx

On Dec 28, 7:56 am, "Ajay" wrote:

I am very new to VOIP/SIP and using pjsip stack in making the
VOIP application.I have compiled the program and got
PJSUA.EXE which seems to have high functionalities if u run via
command prompt.

What are you trying to do?

I have following questions:

1. This EXE is a client base exe or server bases EXE? do i have
to setup a server if this is a server based EXE or localhost will
do in case of demo?

From my limited experience with SIP, as far as I can tell, it's more

peer-to-peer than a client/server protocol. What are you trying to do?
If you're looking for a PBX that does SIP, there's no need reinvent the
wheel - use Asterisk. One useful feature about Asterisk is that that
you can turn SIP debugging all the way up to the max and see exactly
how your application behaves with a real-world SIP User-Agent. You
don't even need to install linux - you can run it in a VMWare Player
image on Windows.

2. how ot make the GUI above that app?

How long is a piece of string!

I would be glad to know the answer from you experts..thank
you. Ajay

Ajay, I think your time would be better spent browsing the mailing list
archives at pjsip.org, and asking questions there.

alexd

Old January 15th 07, 03:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Hongtian

From my limited experience with SIP, as far as I can tell, it's more

peer-to-peer than a client/server protocol. What are you trying to do?
If you're looking for a PBX that does SIP, there's no need reinvent the
wheel - use Asterisk. One useful feature about Asterisk is that that
you can turn SIP debugging all the way up to the max and see exactly
how your application behaves with a real-world SIP User-Agent. You
don't even need to install linux - you can run it in a VMWare Player
image on Windows.

miniSipServer is a simple SIP server which is run on Windows system.
Very easy to use.

And I suggest to use Wireshark to sniff SIP messages between server and
client.