no engaged tone

Old December 31st 06, 11:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mick

Default no engaged tone

I have a Sipura 1001 ATA on my voip.co.uk account (with a sipgate
account on as a secoind line)

The voip account is the prime account set as default.

I have realised that if I dioal a number and the number is engaged, i
get not engaged tone (or anything else) to indicate such.
I have tested this by dialling the same number with a mobile.

I'm no techie, but I wondered if anybody knows of any issues with
voip.co.uk -or if there is a setting i need to set or adjust in the
ATA??

Many thanks

Mick

Old December 31st 06, 04:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
TKD

I have a Sipura 1001 ATA on my voip.co.uk account (with a sipgate
account on as a secoind line)

The voip account is the prime account set as default.

I have realised that if I dioal a number and the number is engaged, i
get not engaged tone (or anything else) to indicate such.
I have tested this by dialling the same number with a mobile.

I'm no techie, but I wondered if anybody knows of any issues with
voip.co.uk -or if there is a setting i need to set or adjust in the
ATA??

Under "Regional" settings make sure "Busy Tone" is set to
/1)

Old December 31st 06, 06:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mick

tkd wrote:

/1)

Thanks - it was altready set to that.

Mick

Old January 1st 07, 12:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mick

Mick wrote:

tkd wrote:

/1)

Thanks - it was altready set to that.

Mick

......but it hasn't cured the issue ....,.

Mick

Old January 1st 07, 02:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Mon, 1 Jan 2007, Mick writes
Mick wrote:

tkd wrote:

/1)

Thanks - it was altready set to that.

Mick

.....but it hasn't cured the issue ....,.

Mick

I've always had this problem with voip.co.uk and not others. So I don't
think it can be the ATA - the ATA is not receiving the correct signal
to produce and engaged tone. Eventually you get a 'time out' tone. It's
never bothered me so I haven't raised a ticket with voip.co.uk - have
you?

David
Old January 1st 07, 10:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mick

Mick wrote:

tkd wrote:

/1)

Thanks - it was altready set to that.

Mick

.....but it hasn't cured the issue ....,.

Mick

I've always had this problem with voip.co.uk and not others. So I
don't think it can be the ATA - the ATA is not receiving the correct
signal to produce and engaged tone. Eventually you get a 'time out'
tone. It's never bothered me so I haven't raised a ticket with
voip.co.uk - have you?

David

No - not until now .........I'll keep you updated.

Mick

Old January 1st 07, 10:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

Mick wrote:

tkd wrote:

/1)

Thanks - it was altready set to that.

Mick

.....but it hasn't cured the issue ....,.

Mick

I've always had this problem with voip.co.uk and not others. So I
don't think it can be the ATA - the ATA is not receiving the correct
signal to produce and engaged tone. Eventually you get a 'time out'
tone. It's never bothered me so I haven't raised a ticket with
voip.co.uk - have you?

David

No - not until now .........I'll keep you updated.

Mick

Don't expect a quick response. I have a couple of support tickets
outstanding and chasers are going unanswered. I am hoping they get back off
their hols sometime soon...

Old January 2nd 07, 08:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mick

Herman wrote:

Mick wrote:

tkd wrote:

/1)

Thanks - it was altready set to that.

Mick

.....but it hasn't cured the issue ....,.

Mick

I've always had this problem with voip.co.uk and not others. So I
don't think it can be the ATA - the ATA is not receiving the
correct signal to produce and engaged tone. Eventually you get a
'time out' tone. It's never bothered me so I haven't raised a
ticket with voip.co.uk - have you?

David

No - not until now .........I'll keep you updated.

Mick

Don't expect a quick response. I have a couple of support tickets
outstanding and chasers are going unanswered. I am hoping they get
back off their hols sometime soon...

Well, I got an instant reply.
They pointed me to a web site with tech answers for Sipura settings
-unfortunately, my 1001 is already set up as per the tech site.
I have replied to the ticket with that information and await an answer.

Incidentally, I now have a tone when I pick the phone up that is
on/off/on/off/on/off etc etc etc that I would say was engaged - but it
doesn't stop me dialling out and it doesn't appear to be message
waiting as I have cleared all those and still get the same tone.

Mick

Old January 3rd 07, 06:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mick

Mick wrote:

Herman wrote:

Mick wrote:

tkd wrote:

[...]

Ok - this is the response I got ......

"I am a bit stumped on the engaged tone problem you have. Do you have
the
ability to log your SIP messages on your device ? You should be bale to
see
that when calling an engaged number we send a packet like this:

Received from udp:80.249.108.21:5060 at 3/1/2007 10:14:45:670 (364
bytes):

SIP/2.0 480 Temporarily Unavailable
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP
192.168.0.120:2051;received=84.103.168.194;branch= z9hG4bK-ot33hkwcfea9;r
port
=2051
To: ;user=phone;tag= 4db78e43
From: ;tag=6t6hea6 oh5
Call-ID: [email protected]
CSeq: 2 INVITE

The message sent is '480 Temporarily Unavailalbe'. Your device should
then
generate the tone to this message. If you are getting silence this will
be a
configuration issue on your device - unfortunately I am not familiar
enough
with this device to tell you where."

So .... my first question to the forum is ....... do I have the ability
to log SIP messages on my SIPURA 1001 - and if so how!?

Mick