Callthru

Old January 1st 07, 09:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Roger

Default Callthru

Is there a way for me to call one of my sip numbers from my mobile and use
the same account or another sip account to dial on to another (PSTN)
number - either using one of my sipuras (spa1001 or spa2000) or one of the
free web based pbxs?

Thanks
Roger.

Old January 1st 07, 10:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
RH

"Roger" wrote in message
Is there a way for me to call one of my sip numbers from my mobile and use
the same account or another sip account to dial on to another (PSTN)
number - either using one of my sipuras (spa1001 or spa2000) or one of the
free web based pbxs?

Depends exactly what your after? if it is to the same number all the time,
some ATA and providers all for call diversion. If your looking to dial in
and enter a number to call, no ATA units do this which i can think about,
but can be done with Trixbox or othe IP-PBX software

Some VOIP providers also have geographic numbers you can call where you
enter your destination and charge calls to your VOIP account (it knows who
to charge by the CID of the mobile used)

Old January 1st 07, 10:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

"RH" wrote in message

If your looking to dial in and enter a number to call, no ATA units do
this which i can think about, but can be done with Trixbox or othe IP-PBX
software

Correction - My Fritz!Box is spec'ed to do this (although I can't get it to
work for some reason after a firmware upgrade) and I am sure some of the
Linksys/Sipura models do this as well. Maybe not the ones mentioned though.

Old January 2nd 07, 08:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 22:40:12 GMT, "Herman"
wrote:

"RH" wrote in message

If your looking to dial in and enter a number to call, no ATA units do
this which i can think about, but can be done with Trixbox or othe IP-PBX
software

Correction - My Fritz!Box is spec'ed to do this (although I can't get it to
work for some reason after a firmware upgrade) and I am sure some of the
Linksys/Sipura models do this as well. Maybe not the ones mentioned though.

The SPA-3000 is specified to do this. Dial into the PSTN number and
dial out via VoIP. I have never tried this as I don't have a landline.
However, with the ATAs you have listed, I can't see how it would be
possible. As stated, you can use a Trixbox or, alternatively, use
EasyPABX.com. They are no longer free - they make a small monthly
charge per extension. You wouldn't need an extension to do this so it
should be free - but then it depends what they define as an extension.
They might expect a minimum charge, I think it was about 2/extension
but not sure. It may be worth an email.
You don't say what your application is for this. There are various
callthrough numbers that can be used or, if you want to access a SIP
number, there are the sipbroker PSTN access lines.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old January 2nd 07, 10:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Roger

wrote:

"RH" wrote in message

[...]

Hi
what I want to do is use my Sip account (which I use for business calls)
from my mobile when abroad (I can ring my UK sip numbers in my inclusive
minutes from a lot of countries). I will then only have one business phone
bill each month which is lot easier to maintain.

Old January 2nd 07, 10:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Linker3000

wrote:

"RH" wrote in message

[...]

Have a read about the DISA feature in Trixbox - we are going to use it
so that our mobile phone users can dial in to our VoIP server and enter
a PIN to get a dial tone. Coupled with the fact that the inboudn number
will be one of our nominated free-to-call numbers...!!
Old January 2nd 07, 10:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim Bray

Roger wrote:
Is there a way for me to call one of my sip numbers from my mobile and
use the same account or another sip account to dial on to another (PSTN)
number - either using one of my sipuras (spa1001 or spa2000) or one of
the free web based pbxs?

voipfone offer this as a service.

http://www.voipfone.co.uk/FP_Voipfon..._Customers.php

Tim
Old January 3rd 07, 09:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Roger

wrote in message
On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 22:59:17 +0000, Tim Bray
wrote:

Roger wrote:
Is there a way for me to call one of my sip numbers from my mobile and
use the same account or another sip account to dial on to another (PSTN)
number - either using one of my sipuras (spa1001 or spa2000) or one of
the free web based pbxs?

voipfone offer this as a service.

http://www.voipfone.co.uk/FP_Voipfon..._Customers.php

Tim

And very good it is to .

have managed to get it working with pbxes using my existing providers - it
hadnt worked before but I think it was a timing issue with registraion.