SIP software for MDA Vario?

Old January 1st 07, 11:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.mobile
Anti Spam Bloke

Default SIP software for MDA Vario?

x-posted to: uk.telecom.mobile

I have an MDA Vario (http://www.coolsmartphone.com/article479.html) and am
trying to find software that will allow it to make/receive calls over WiLan
using SIP.

There's an old release of software I spotted called the SJPhone
(http://www.skype-news.com/item/?x=546720 ), but I don't believe it will
work with the hardware, as I'm not using any of the advertised PDA
platforms.

Many thanks

Old January 2nd 07, 12:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
ale.cx

On Jan 1, 11:05 pm, "Anti Spam Bloke" wrote:

There's an old release of software I spotted called the SJPhone
(http://www.skype-news.com/item/?x=546720), but I don't believe it will
work with the hardware, as I'm not using any of the advertised PDA
platforms.

What happened when you tried?

alexd

Old January 2nd 07, 03:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Anti Spam Bloke

"ale.cx" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jan 1, 11:05 pm, "Anti Spam Bloke" wrote:

There's an old release of software I spotted called the SJPhone
(http://www.skype-news.com/item/?x=546720), but I don't believe it will
work with the hardware, as I'm not using any of the advertised PDA
platforms.

What happened when you tried?

alexd

It wouldn't install for me.

Old January 2nd 07, 10:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.mobile
[email protected]despammed.com

On Mon, 1 Jan 2007 23:05:38 -0000, "Anti Spam Bloke"
wrote:

There's an old release of software I spotted called the SJPhone

The WM5 beta of SJPhone works fine on my HX4700 (well, for a short
while: it seems to clobber battery life and makes the whole PDA get a
bit warm)

I'd expect that it would work on your Vario.

--

Iain
the out-of-date hairydog guide to mobile phones