Call Settings and stuff.

Old January 2nd 07, 07:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk )

Default Call Settings and stuff.

I'm sure many folks have fiddled around with call settings and come up
with better than default settings. Could anyone advise on typical
settings that work "better" over Blueyonder cable connection with most
calls going via voipcheap.com

e.g.
packet size from 10ms to 60ms (20ms being default)

Currently (this evening) results are pretty poor at 3.6 on
testyourvoip.com (Didn't check it in the day)

Tested the DSL connection at home last night and it was max at 4.5 so
suggested settings for both would be great.

Cheers
Pete

http://gymratz.co.uk/polar-heart-rate-monitors/ Polar HeartRate Monitors
http://water-rower.co.uk - Worlds best prices on the Worlds best Rower.
Old January 3rd 07, 08:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 19:19:12 GMT, "Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;)"
wrote:

I'm sure many folks have fiddled around with call settings and come up
with better than default settings. Could anyone advise on typical
settings that work "better" over Blueyonder cable connection with most
calls going via voipcheap.com

e.g.
packet size from 10ms to 60ms (20ms being default)

Currently (this evening) results are pretty poor at 3.6 on
testyourvoip.com (Didn't check it in the day)

Tested the DSL connection at home last night and it was max at 4.5 so
suggested settings for both would be great.

Cheers
Pete

08.05 today:
I'm on BY too @ 2Mb/s. I got 4.4 to London, Sydney and Boston.
The first time I tried London it was 3.3, it was only after testing
Sydney and Boston that I rechecked London.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.