Sipgate down?

Old January 4th 07, 02:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Will Kemp

Default Sipgate down?

Is Sipgate down today or is it just me?

I can't log into their web site - i just get the "logging in" thing and
nothing happens. My ATA (Billion router) can't register, either.

Will

Old January 4th 07, 02:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Will Kemp:
Is Sipgate down today or is it just me?

I can't log into their web site - i just get the "logging in" thing
and nothing happens. My ATA (Billion router) can't register, either.

Will

Making and receiving calls OK on Sipgate (just tested) on my ATA. Can
also log into Sipgate OK too here.

Old January 5th 07, 05:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Working fine here

Old January 6th 07, 01:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote in message

On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 17:52:02 GMT,
wrote:

Working fine here

Ho ho ho is Ivor using a different name now I wonder !! .

You just can't resist, can you Ron..?!

If you'd bothered to check the headers of the message you'd see he's using
NTL. I don't have cable, wouldn't touch it with a bargepole since Telewest
took over Birmingham Cable (who were very good).

Sipgate ok here as well, just to annoy you even more ;-)

Ivor

Old January 6th 07, 02:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:
wrote in message

On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 17:52:02 GMT,
wrote:

Working fine here

Ho ho ho is Ivor using a different name now I wonder !! .

You just can't resist, can you Ron..?!

If you'd bothered to check the headers of the message you'd see he's
using NTL. I don't have cable, wouldn't touch it with a bargepole
since Telewest took over Birmingham Cable (who were very good).

Sipgate ok here as well, just to annoy you even more ;-)

Ivor

Yes, Birmingham Cable were excellent.

Though I have to say Telewest broadband has been excellent, other than
recently my area having a slight capacity problem, so from time to time
things can slow down a little, but up until then it has been full speed
all the way.

Haven't had cable phone for many years, from when they became a rip-off,
and also started to charge for call waiting and call divert option when
they were free with BC.

Only have TW TV as I get the starter package free with my discounted
broadband (offer extended), wouldn't pay for it, just use it to top up
my satellite TV services.

Old January 6th 07, 08:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

wrote in message
On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 17:52:02 GMT, wrote:

Ho ho ho is Ivor using a different name now I wonder !! .

No no, I am not Ivor. I just answered that post because I was in a similar
situation 2 weeks ago and I posted for help on that newsgroup.

Old January 6th 07, 03:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh :
On Sat, 06 Jan 2007 02:28:37 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
wrote:

Yes, Birmingham Cable were excellent.

So was NorthWest cable or what ever it was called when I signed up in
the first place but one does have to move on I mean Winston was the
best PM this country as ever had and a very close second was Lady
Thatcher but now like it or lump it we at the moment have put up with
Blair who does TRY to run the country or eventually Cameron who is
doing his best to turn the once great Conservative party into NEW NEW
Labour .
And just has there are no viable alternatives to choose from in
politics these days I shall not be going near any poling station at
the next election and I have no intention of leaving TelewestNTL for
BB provision and going to crappy BT and ADSL providers .

No, I'm staying with TW for broadband, as I dumped my BT landline so I
could just use VoIP over TW broadband.

I used to be with Pipex and they were really excellent when I was with
them, though they did turn bad like virtually all the other ADSL
providers when BT changed the way they charged ISPs, would have been
with TW earlier for broadband but it took around 2.5 years to convince
them to ignore their database and send someone out to find out that
there was no problem with me having broadband in my house, my two
neighbours had broadband, the people opposite had broadband, there was
no wayleave problem, yet my address was flagged as not in digital area.

--
60 day free DVD rental:
www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/dvd

Old January 6th 07, 07:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote in message

I just do not see the point of having VOIP if you need a
fixed line .

So that you can have extra "lines" and phone numbers, perhaps..? I have 8
phone numbers with 3 different providers (not just Sipgate, Ron) including
numbers in Germany and the US.

Or maybe so that you can use the fixed line for fax, which is still
somewhat problematic over even the best VoIP service..?

Ivor

Old January 6th 07, 11:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote in message

On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 19:45:30 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

[snip]

Or maybe so that you can use the fixed line for fax,
which is still somewhat problematic over even the best
VoIP service..?

Well for starters fax machines went out with the ark I
haven't had a fax machine here since the first BB
connection was installed a few years ago now sooner use
email .

There are some businesses, particularly the legal profession, who will not
use email, they insist on using fax. It has its uses.

Fixed lines are far to expensive one could have two
Vonage lines for slightly more than the cost of one BT or
TW fixed line or five from voip.co.uk or voipfone.co.uk
for ten quid or less .

And I can have 4 Sipgate lines for nothing ;-)

I am quite happy with two voip lines and Telewest for
Broadband .

Good for you.

Ivor

Old January 7th 07, 12:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote in message

On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 23:58:39 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

And I can have 4 Sipgate lines for nothing ;-)

And you could have eight tin cans and four very long
pices of string which would be every bit as useful .

Indeed, my cat loves to chase bits of string, and where would I be without
baked beans..?!

Ivor