no engaged tone

Old January 4th 07, 06:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mick

Default no engaged tone

Folks

Using a Sipura 1001 ATA - correctly configured as far as I can see to
provide me with an engaged tone.

My problem is that if i ring a number that is engaged, I get no engaged
(or any other) tone.
I have checked this out by dialling the same number wth a mobile.

I subscribe to both Sipgate and Voip.co.uk through the one ATA.

I have raied the issue with .co.uk and have had the below response.....
So .... my first question to the forum is ....... do I have the
ability to log SIP messages on my SIPURA 1001 - and if so how!?

Thanks

Mick
--

From Voip.co.uk ............

I am a bit stumped on the engaged tone problem you have. Do you have
the
ability to log your SIP messages on your device ? You should be bale
to see
that when calling an engaged number we send a packet like this:

Received from udp:80.249.108.21:5060 at 3/1/2007 10:14:45:670
(364 bytes):

SIP/2.0 480 Temporarily Unavailable
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP
192.168.0.120:2051;received=84.103.168.194;branch= z9hG4bK-ot33hkwcfea9
;r port
=2051
To: ;user=phone;tag= 4db78e43
From: ;tag=6t6hea6 oh5
Call-ID: [email protected]
CSeq: 2 INVITE

The message sent is '480 Temporarily Unavailalbe'. Your device should
then
generate the tone to this message. If you are getting silence this
will be a
configuration issue on your device - unfortunately I am not familiar
enough
with this device to tell you where."

Old January 4th 07, 07:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Mick was thinking very hard :
Folks

Using a Sipura 1001 ATA - correctly configured as far as I can see to
provide me with an engaged tone.

My problem is that if i ring a number that is engaged, I get no engaged
(or any other) tone.
I have checked this out by dialling the same number wth a mobile.

I subscribe to both Sipgate and Voip.co.uk through the one ATA.

I have raied the issue with .co.uk and have had the below response.

So .... my first question to the forum is ....... do I have the
ability to log SIP messages on my SIPURA 1001 - and if so how!?

There's a syslog server that you can download -
http://www.sipura.com/support/slogsrv.zip

Logged in as admin/advanced:

On the System tab of your SPA, set deubug to 3, enter the IP address of
the machine on your network that is running the slogserv.exe program,
in both the Debug Server: & Syslog Server fields.

Launch slogsrv.exe & make a call.

Old January 4th 07, 08:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mick

Jono wrote:

[...]

Thank you very much indeed.

Mick

Old January 4th 07, 08:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Mick explained on 04/01/2007 :

There's a syslog server that you can download -
http://www.sipura.com/support/slogsrv.zip

Logged in as admin/advanced:

On the System tab of your SPA, set deubug to 3, enter the IP address
of the machine on your network that is running the slogserv.exe
program, in both the Debug Server: & Syslog Server fields.

Launch slogsrv.exe & make a call.

Thank you very much indeed.

No probs.

It's a useful programme for diagnosing problems with Dial Plans, as it
shows exactly what numbers your SPA is sending to the service provider.