Anyone failed calls on voip.co.uk

Old January 8th 07, 10:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

Default Anyone failed calls on voip.co.uk

Hello,

Anyone here on voip.co.uk who is experiencing failed incoming calls on
voip.co.uk

It's a spasmodic problem, which are always the worst to solve.

Sometimes calls do not reach me and go to voicemail without my phone
ringing.

Other times the phone rings OK without (as far as I am aware) any
changes being made.

Anyone experiencing this?

David
Old January 8th 07, 10:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bill49

I have been with voip.co.uk for more that a year now and have had no
problems (apart for the 12 hour period in December when the calls cut
off after about 90 seconds - a lot of users had this experience).
Bill

Old January 8th 07, 11:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Mon, 8 Jan 2007, Bill49 writes
I have been with voip.co.uk for more that a year now and have had no
problems (apart for the 12 hour period in December when the calls cut
off after about 90 seconds - a lot of users had this experience).
Bill

I, too, have been with them for over a year, but this current problem
has only arisen since Christmas. I haven't raised a ticket yet. I was
wondering if anyone else had experienced this.

David
Old January 8th 07, 01:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil

"David Floyd" wrote in message
In message of Mon, 8 Jan 2007, Bill49 writes
I have been with voip.co.uk for more that a year now and have had no
problems (apart for the 12 hour period in December when the calls cut
off after about 90 seconds - a lot of users had this experience).
Bill

I, too, have been with them for over a year, but this current problem has
only arisen since Christmas. I haven't raised a ticket yet. I was
wondering if anyone else had experienced this.

David

Working fine for me. Just done about 10 test calls from my mobile to my two
voip.co.uk numbers and there were no problems.

Old January 8th 07, 01:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Mon, 8 Jan 2007, Phil writes
"David Floyd" wrote in message
In message of Mon, 8 Jan 2007, Bill49 writes
I have been with voip.co.uk for more that a year now and have had no
problems (apart for the 12 hour period in December when the calls cut
off after about 90 seconds - a lot of users had this experience).
Bill

I, too, have been with them for over a year, but this current problem has
only arisen since Christmas. I haven't raised a ticket yet. I was
wondering if anyone else had experienced this.

David

Working fine for me. Just done about 10 test calls from my mobile to my two
voip.co.uk numbers and there were no problems.

Thank you. It must be at my end. Funny it's happening to both lines,
each on a separate Sipura3K.

As I said, I hate intermittent faults; but I must have made an
adjustment some-time to the ATAs in December and can't remember what.

David
Old January 8th 07, 01:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
TKD

"David Floyd" wrote in message
Hello,

Anyone here on voip.co.uk who is experiencing failed incoming calls on
voip.co.uk

It's a spasmodic problem, which are always the worst to solve.

Sometimes calls do not reach me and go to voicemail without my phone
ringing.

Other times the phone rings OK without (as far as I am aware) any changes
being made.

Anyone experiencing this?

David

I've not had the problem you describe. I have noticed voip.co.uk are very
quick to realise the ATA has gone offline and put calls to voicemail. Could
your ATA occasionally either be, or appear to be, offline for some reason?

Old January 8th 07, 02:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

David Floyd wrote:
In message of Mon, 8 Jan 2007, Bill49 writes
I have been with voip.co.uk for more that a year now and have had no
problems (apart for the 12 hour period in December when the calls cut
off after about 90 seconds - a lot of users had this experience).
Bill

I, too, have been with them for over a year, but this current problem
has only arisen since Christmas. I haven't raised a ticket yet. I was
wondering if anyone else had experienced this.

David

New router? I had a similar problem when I first started using
voip.co.uk (I also had this problem on sipgate) and it was sorted when I
forwarded the right ports (5060/5061) from my router to my ATA.. Might
not be the same issue, but.
Old January 8th 07, 03:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Mon, 8 Jan 2007, tkd writes

"David Floyd" wrote in message
Hello,

Anyone here on voip.co.uk who is experiencing failed incoming calls on
voip.co.uk

It's a spasmodic problem, which are always the worst to solve.

Sometimes calls do not reach me and go to voicemail without my phone
ringing.

Other times the phone rings OK without (as far as I am aware) any changes
being made.

Anyone experiencing this?

David

I've not had the problem you describe. I have noticed voip.co.uk are very
quick to realise the ATA has gone offline and put calls to voicemail. Could
your ATA occasionally either be, or appear to be, offline for some reason?

That is a thought, although the Sipura System Tray Monitor says it's
been registered since 06/01/07 14:11:13.

I will keep on investigating.

Thanks,
David
Old January 9th 07, 09:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Linker3000

David Floyd wrote:
Hello,

Anyone here on voip.co.uk who is experiencing failed incoming calls on
voip.co.uk

It's a spasmodic problem, which are always the worst to solve.

Sometimes calls do not reach me and go to voicemail without my phone
ringing.

Other times the phone rings OK without (as far as I am aware) any
changes being made.

Anyone experiencing this?

David

Not here - running 6 geographic numbers from voip.co.uk thru Trixbox,
one being a very active inbound and outbound IT support line.
Old January 10th 07, 11:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Tue, 9 Jan 2007, Linker3000 writes
David Floyd wrote:
Hello,
Anyone here on voip.co.uk who is experiencing failed incoming calls
on voip.co.uk
It's a spasmodic problem, which are always the worst to solve.
Sometimes calls do not reach me and go to voicemail without my phone
ringing.
Other times the phone rings OK without (as far as I am aware) any
changes being made.
Anyone experiencing this?
David

Not here - running 6 geographic numbers from voip.co.uk thru Trixbox,
one being a very active inbound and outbound IT support line.

Well. I think I've solved the problem.

On one of my ATAs (Sipura3K) I had Register Expires set at 3600 and on
the other set to 600. Both worked OK for months - and then not since
Christmas time.

I've now changed both to 60 and all works fine. No more failed incoming
calls.

David