BT reaches key VoIP milestone

Old January 10th 07, 12:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sunil Sood

Default BT reaches key VoIP milestone

"Sunil Sood" wrote in message
BT has announced it has gained more than one million registered consumer
customers for its voice over internet protocol (VoIP) services BT
Broadband Talk and BT Softphone - representing more than a third of BT's
consumer broadband base.

The company has reached this key milestone more than six months earlier
than projected, having set out in July last year a target of achieving a
million VoIP customers within 12 months.

BT Retail managing director Gavin Patterson said: "We now have more than a
million customer accounts for our VoIP services - and to achieve this in
six months is nothing short of spectacular"

Regards
Sunil

Old January 10th 07, 02:53 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
Tim

Sunil Sood wrote:
"Sunil Sood" wrote in message
BT has announced it has gained more than one million registered consumer
customers for its voice over internet protocol (VoIP) services BT
Broadband Talk and BT Softphone - representing more than a third of BT's
consumer broadband base.

That's bit of a duff statistic.

The number of customers who make more than 10 minutes of calls per month
would be much more useful to know.

Tim

Old January 10th 07, 04:46 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
Sam Nelson

In article ,
Tim writes:
Sunil Sood wrote:
"Sunil Sood" wrote in message
BT has announced it has gained more than one million registered consumer
customers for its voice over internet protocol (VoIP) services BT
Broadband Talk and BT Softphone - representing more than a third of BT's
consumer broadband base.

That's bit of a duff statistic.

The number of customers who make more than 10 minutes of calls per month
would be much more useful to know.

The number of customers that have done more than just register to see what
it's like, even?
--
SAm.
Old January 10th 07, 05:06 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
Tim

Sam Nelson wrote:
The number of customers that have done more than just register to see what
it's like, even?

Yes. Or even the number of customers who didn't register by default
when buying another unrelated service.

Tim
Old January 11th 07, 05:12 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
Jim!

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 14:53:12 +0000, Tim wrote:

Sunil Sood wrote:
"Sunil Sood" wrote in message
BT has announced it has gained more than one million registered consumer
customers for its voice over internet protocol (VoIP) services BT
Broadband Talk and BT Softphone - representing more than a third of BT's
consumer broadband base.

That's bit of a duff statistic.

The number of customers who make more than 10 minutes of calls per month
would be much more useful to know.

Tim

Well I for one make 99% of my calls over the BB Talk facility. I
think my last monthly bill detailed over 135 calls to varying
destinations.

I got no gripes with the service - works well, does as it says (mind
you I'm only 200 yards from my local exchange) ...

Also - the fact that my 01/02 calls are free during the evening &
weekends helps !

Cheers

Jim!