Router with two private subnets

Old January 11th 07, 09:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ted B

Default Router with two private subnets

Hi,

I'm looking for a router that allows 2 private networks/subnets. I am
working with a charity who currently has public, and private machines on
the same subnet and I would like to keep them sepearate but still use
the same internet connection.
Any suggestions for a low cost solution?

Thanks

Ted
Old January 11th 07, 10:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alec

"Ted B" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm looking for a router that allows 2 private networks/subnets. I am
working with a charity who currently has public, and private machines on
the same subnet and I would like to keep them sepearate but still use the
same internet connection.
Any suggestions for a low cost solution?

This product has a DMZ for the public servers and a private network as well.

http://www.just-servers.co.uk/herman-10.htm

Old January 12th 07, 07:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alastair / AJAY \(no relation\)

"Alec" wrote in message
"Ted B" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm looking for a router that allows 2 private networks/subnets. I am
working with a charity who currently has public, and private machines on
the same subnet and I would like to keep them sepearate but still use the
same internet connection.
Any suggestions for a low cost solution?

This product has a DMZ for the public servers and a private network as
well.

http://www.just-servers.co.uk/herman-10.htm

Draytek
Even the older Draytek 2600 had dual faclity.along with a whole host of
forwarding DMZ etc.
I used one for the same sort of purpose recently to allow targetted public
access and private secure network allong with a SoHo Firebox 6.

Alastair

Old January 12th 07, 11:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sparks

"Ted B" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm looking for a router that allows 2 private networks/subnets. I am
working with a charity who currently has public, and private machines on
the same subnet and I would like to keep them sepearate but still use the
same internet connection.
Any suggestions for a low cost solution?

Thanks

Ted

Cant you just connect another router to the LAN port of the original
(Private) router (Via the new routers WAN port), then connect the public
network to this? it is then easy to switch this router of if you want to
disable to public access!

Sparks...

Old January 12th 07, 10:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Linker3000

Alastair / AJAY (no relation) wrote:
"Alec" wrote in message
"Ted B" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm looking for a router that allows 2 private networks/subnets. I am
working with a charity who currently has public, and private machines on
the same subnet and I would like to keep them sepearate but still use the
same internet connection.
Any suggestions for a low cost solution?

This product has a DMZ for the public servers and a private network as
well.

http://www.just-servers.co.uk/herman-10.htm

Draytek
Even the older Draytek 2600 had dual faclity.along with a whole host of
forwarding DMZ etc.
I used one for the same sort of purpose recently to allow targetted public
access and private secure network allong with a SoHo Firebox 6.

Alastair

I'll second that - get a Draytek 2600 off ebay for about 50. They
support 'VLAN' so you can divide the four LAN ports into separate
groups, all of which can 'see' the Internet but not each other - we have
one running a public wifi hotspot on an office network and you cannot
see the office PCs from the hotspot (and vice versa).

In fact, any ADSL router with VLAN support will do, but I do like the
Drayteks - very reliable.