voip.co.uk & SIP to SIP

Old January 13th 07, 12:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
-=Falcon=-

Default voip.co.uk & SIP to SIP

Lo all

I have an SPA3012, which is primarily registered with Voxalot(.com).
I also have a voip.co.uk account, which is registered with Voxalot.

I can make calls from my handset, to UK (and other) PSTN numbers, and
Voxalot handles them ok, passing them to voip.co.uk. I can make SIP to SIP
/PSTN calls via ENUM (Voxalot uses SipBroker), or call SIP providers using
the SipBroker * codes.

What doesnt appear to work however, is someone calling (or
@proxy.voip.co.uk) - not sure if this is because Voxalot is not handling it
correctly (but calling my Voxalot address works) - or because voip don't do
it....

I did get a support reply from voip, saying they don't *block* SIP to SIP,
but they don't support it, and it would be "coming soon" in their next
feature release. This was back in November, so...any clues?

--
Yes, I'm still not dead.

Remove any uncertainty if you wish to reply in person...

Old January 13th 07, 03:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 13:41:16 GMT, Jono
wrote:

-=Falcon=- wrote on 13/01/2007 :
[...]

I might not quite have got the hang of what you are saying but have
you set voip.co.uk to 'register' on voxalot provider settings? If so,
have you checked that it is shown as 'registered' on the 'Providers
List' page? If someone calls your voip.co.uk geo number, or SIP, then
it will need to be registered for it to ring the handset(s) attached
to your voxalot registered ATA. However, a provider doesn't,
necessarily, need to be registered to make calls route through that
provider.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old January 15th 07, 08:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

"-=Falcon=-" wrote in message
. 143.38...
Brian A wrote in
:

wrote:

Does work?

I might not quite have got the hang of what you are saying but have
you set voip.co.uk to 'register' on voxalot provider settings? If so,
have you checked that it is shown as 'registered' on the 'Providers
List' page? If someone calls your voip.co.uk geo number, or SIP, then
it will need to be registered for it to ring the handset(s) attached
to your voxalot registered ATA. However, a provider doesn't,
necessarily, need to be registered to make calls route through that
provider.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

My friend (with an Asterisk PBX) can't seem to call me. The ATA is
registered with Voxalot fine, and Voxalot shows voip.co.uk as registered
fine too.

It seems I can be called at my Voxalot SIP address fine, but just not the
voip one - and as mentioned, voip said they don't block it, but don't
support it.

I just wondered if anyone else is using voip.co.uk "as is" and ringing
the actual SIP address works? (rather than the geographical number)

Ringing my voip geo number DOES work, interestingly...

--
Yes, I'm still not dead.

Remove any uncertainty if you wish to reply in person...

Not sure if there are many providers this works for. Sipbroker offer
mappings to SIP domains (so you can call a SIP address via a telephone
keypad) and their status for voip.co.uk is "blocked/doesn't work". I have
not managed to get this to work for any of the providers I have used.

Old January 15th 07, 06:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On 2007-01-13, -=Falcon=- wrote:

I did get a support reply from voip, saying they don't *block* SIP to SIP,
but they don't support it, and it would be "coming soon" in their next
feature release. This was back in November, so...any clues?

That's similar to NTL saying (not that I'm claiming they have, of
course) they do not block 056 numbers but do not support them. It leads
you to expect that one day it just might work. They have been peddling
the same line for over a year. Is that enough of a clue?

Brian.