Can you use your VOIP account in other countries besides UK?

Old January 13th 07, 05:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Frank

Default Can you use your VOIP account in other countries besides UK?

Hi - I've signed up an account with www.voiptalk.org and got it all working.

My question is whether I can use my laptop and headset in other countries
when I'm working abroad. This is a relevant question because service
providers can tell the country in which your connection originates. In
other words, is the service limited to UK?

Old January 13th 07, 05:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Frank"
[email protected] ffffffffffffff.com
wrote in message
Hi - I've signed up an account with www.voiptalk.org and
got it all working.
My question is whether I can use my laptop and headset in
other countries when I'm working abroad. This is a
relevant question because service providers can tell the
country in which your connection originates. In other
words, is the service limited to UK?

You can use any VoIP connection anywhere you have access to an internet
connection. Assuming that the owner of said connection doesn't block the
relevant ports, such as in some workplaces and universities.

It has nothing to do with your service provider.

Ivor