Echo on calls

Old January 13th 07, 07:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Echo on calls

Hi

I'm all new to this and need some help. I've got a PAP2T and Voip.co.uk
for a few weeks (i'm on sky BB with netgear router). When i make calls,
i get a couple of issues which i can't seem to resolve:
-an echo on my voice
-the person i'm calling says they can't hear my echo, but can hear
their voice echo a bit
-the person i'm calling says that i sound distant/or like i'm in a big
room...

I'm not a techie so need advice? Voip.co.uk customer service have been
excellent ('ive asked lots of questions, and they've been realyl
helpful...but haven't bene able to resolve it)

can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks

Old January 13th 07, 10:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bill49

wrote:
Hi

I'm all new to this and need some help. I've got a PAP2T and Voip.co.uk
for a few weeks (i'm on sky BB with netgear router). When i make calls,
i get a couple of issues which i can't seem to resolve:
-an echo on my voice
-the person i'm calling says they can't hear my echo, but can hear
their voice echo a bit
-the person i'm calling says that i sound distant/or like i'm in a big
room...

I'm not a techie so need advice? Voip.co.uk customer service have been
excellent ('ive asked lots of questions, and they've been realyl
helpful...but haven't bene able to resolve it)

can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks

Have you tried altering the FSX pot impedance setting on the Regional
Settings page of your pap2 (fourth from the bottom on the right hand
side)? For British 'phones this should be set at the 370+620||310nF
option. Not altering the setting caused echoes for me. If you still
have echoe problems on that setting try lowering the FSX port input
and/or output gain settings just below. I have mine set at -2 in each
case.
Bill

Old January 14th 07, 10:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
chocdrop

Thanks Bill

I'll try this out. I can't seem to get access to the config page...must
be down at the moment or something!

Old January 15th 07, 11:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On 14 Jan 2007 13:27:37 -0800, "chocdrop" wrote:

I'll try this out. I can't seem to get access to the config page...must
be down at the moment or something!

The config page is inside the PAP2 - I can't see how it could be down!

If your phone has a volume control, turn it down.
Old January 16th 07, 11:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

Bill49 wrote:

wrote:
[...]

I found that, when using voip.co.uk, I got echo when calling a
Telewest line but not when calling a BT line. Does this have any
possible bearing in your case?
Using Vyke I don't think I get this now.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.