Any experience with Gate 102 ATA

Old January 15th 07, 07:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
dmitri

Default Any experience with Gate 102 ATA

I noticed this ATA with WAN,LAN,PSTN pass-through ports on the ebay. Have
anybody got one? Any comments?
Old January 15th 07, 08:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mike Sun

"dmitri" wrote in message
I noticed this ATA with WAN,LAN,PSTN pass-through ports on the ebay. Have
anybody got one? Any comments?

Yes I am using one of these and am most pleased with its performance and
value, particularly as I was lucky enough to get it for below 10.

I have PSTN for incoming calls and dial out using voipcheap.com. You cannot
program fancy dial plan options but unit is simple to set up and so far is
very reliable.

The unit has remarkable similarities to the Grandstream Handytone-488 - I
guess it must be a clone of this model.

Cheers from Mike.

Old January 28th 07, 09:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Yeah, i've just set up a Gate 102. It's very good for the money. Cost
me slightly more than 10 though.

Trouble is, I can't get any DECT phones to work with it. Analogue
phones work fine, even wireless ones but I really want to get it set
up with a new set of DECT phones with three or four handsets.

Anyone got any suggestions / had any luck with DECT phones and this
unit?

Works great with NTL meaning no telephone line rental. I use sipgate.

Any help appreciated

Old January 29th 07, 01:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mike Sun

wrote in message
oups.com...
Yeah, i've just set up a Gate 102. It's very good for the money. Cost
me slightly more than 10 though.

Trouble is, I can't get any DECT phones to work with it. Analogue
phones work fine, even wireless ones but I really want to get it set
up with a new set of DECT phones with three or four handsets.

Anyone got any suggestions / had any luck with DECT phones and this
unit?

Works great with NTL meaning no telephone line rental. I use sipgate.

Any help appreciated

Hi petefeet,

I had the unit working fine with several DECT phones but sometimes the
connecting lead may be wired differently for some phones. For example, I
had an a old "BT Diverse 2010" which wouldn't work with a standard RJ11
phone cable. Using a cable adaper (e.g. BT style socket to RJ11) did fix
such problems.

BTW:- I just bought another GATE 102 unit and had to pay 18 this time (plus
8 postage) so I must have been lucky the first time round. Still seems like
good value though.

Cheers from Mike

Old January 29th 07, 12:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mike Sun

"Mike" wrote in message
On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 01:27:44 GMT, Mike Sun wrote:

Do you mind saying where you got one at this price?

--

Mike

The only supplier I found was DigiDave on eBay (UK). You can either buy for
fixed price or bid and usually get it cheaper.

Cheers from Mike

Old February 4th 07, 12:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John Montgomery

Hi,
Can anyone supply set up parameters for the GATE 102 ????
regards
johnmont

"Mike Sun" wrote in message
.uk...

Old February 4th 07, 02:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mike Sun

"John Montgomery" wrote in message
Hi,
Can anyone supply set up parameters for the GATE 102 ????
regards
johnmont

The set up parameters depend on your VOIP Service provider details and the
country you live in. Most service providers suggest recommended settings for
a typical hardware SIP device.

Other parameters depends on your personal preferences - for instance I like
to dial a "9" rather than a "*00" to access the PSTN line. Download the
manual for the Gate 102 from he-
http://www.tigernetcom.com/Download/...GATE%20102.pdf

Cheers from Mike

Old February 11th 07, 12:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
dmitri

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 01:27:44 +0000, Mike Sun wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Hi, Mike!

I have BT Diverse 4010 and I tried all kind of cables to connect ATA to
the phone, but I can't get Caller ID shown. I think it's not a wiring
problem as CID is shown OK when phone is connected through unpowered ATA

Any suggestions!

Thanks,

Dmitri
([email protected])