Free landline number

Old January 17th 07, 03:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Yaz

Default Free landline number

Can anyone advise if there are any companies that will provide a reliable
service Landline uk number for use with VOIP? Also am I able to choose a
number from a range?

I do not have an ATA but intend to use is with a bluetooth dongle and
headset arrangement.

Yaz

Old January 17th 07, 04:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Collin

Yaz wrote:
Can anyone advise if there are any companies that will provide a reliable
service Landline uk number for use with VOIP? Also am I able to choose a
number from a range?

I do not have an ATA but intend to use is with a bluetooth dongle and
headset arrangement.

Yaz

Hi Yaz,
I'm sure the guys on here will reply with their own personal favourites.
We offer the service you require. There is also a link for downloading
the X-Lite soft phone you can use on your computer.
Take a look at our web site for details.

If you would like any additional info please feel to contact me directly.

Kind regards,

Phil.

--

Phil Collin
Partner Manager

Old January 17th 07, 04:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Yaz

"Phil Collin" wrote I'm sure the guys on
here will reply with their own personal favourites.
We offer the service you require. There is also a link for downloading the
X-Lite soft phone you can use on your computer.
Take a look at our web site for details.

If you would like any additional info please feel to contact me directly.

Waht are the charges for a local number?

Yaz

Old January 17th 07, 06:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
ACDeag

Yaz wrote :
Can anyone advise if there are any companies that will provide a reliable
service Landline uk number for use with VOIP? Also am I able to choose a
number from a range?

I do not have an ATA but intend to use is with a bluetooth dongle and headset
arrangement.

Yaz

voip.co.uk, no choice though. I believe sipgate allow you to choose
from a limited selection.

Old January 17th 07, 06:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ¬)

Yaz wrote:
Can anyone advise if there are any companies that will provide a reliable
service Landline uk number for use with VOIP? Also am I able to choose a
number from a range?

I do not have an ATA but intend to use is with a bluetooth dongle and
headset arrangement.

Voipfone.co.uk will give you a free 056000nnnnn number you can have an
0845 number for a mere £1.99 a month which is great for folks that are
scared off by the 056000 number (which is also a local rate call I believe)

I found them very accommodating in changing the number I started off
with to a most excellent number offered from a choice of numbers.
Just sign up and drop customer services a line.

An account costs nothing so you can set one up and receive incoming
calls. I think you get 4 mins of free outgoing calls initially so you
can give it a quick trial.

I think you can set up an account with most suppliers for no cost so
have a few on the go and see which one offers the facilities you require
then dump a few Euros into whichever account(s) suits your needs best.

http://gymratz.co.uk/polar-heart-rate-monitors/ Polar HeartRate Monitors
http://water-rower.co.uk - Worlds best prices on the Worlds best Rower.
Old January 17th 07, 07:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"ACDeag" wrote in message

Yaz wrote :
Can anyone advise if there are any companies that will
provide a reliable service Landline uk number for use
with VOIP? Also am I able to choose a number from a
range? I do not have an ATA but intend to use is with a
bluetooth dongle and headset arrangement.

Yaz

voip.co.uk, no choice though. I believe sipgate allow you
to choose from a limited selection.

You get offered a number, but not a choice any more. If you don't like the
one offered, you can go back a step and try again, you'll get a different
number. Keep trying until you get one you like.

Ivor

Old January 17th 07, 07:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ¬)

Ivor Jones wrote:

You get offered a number, but not a choice any more. If you don't like the
one offered, you can go back a step and try again, you'll get a different
number. Keep trying until you get one you like.

:¬)
That's how I got a memorable 0845 number from sipgate....
Only problem was you always think there may be a better one along next.
I had to go through the entire list twice before I found the one I
thought was best.
Took about 3 hours in total to get back to it.

Old January 17th 07, 07:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬)" formulated on Wednesday :
Yaz wrote:
Can anyone advise if there are any companies that will provide a reliable
service Landline uk number for use with VOIP? Also am I able to choose a
number from a range?

I do not have an ATA but intend to use is with a bluetooth dongle and
headset arrangement.

Voipfone.co.uk will give you a free 056000nnnnn number you can have an 0845
number for a mere £1.99 a month which is great for folks that are scared off
by the 056000 number (which is also a local rate call I believe)

Hold your horses!

0560 numbers should be charged as a normal geo 01/02 number.

0845 numbers will be charged at around 3.5 pence per minute.

There is a significant difference between local & LoCall (0845)

Old January 17th 07, 07:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Phil Collin submitted this idea :

Hi Yaz,
I'm sure the guys on here will reply with their own personal favourites.
We offer the service you require. There is also a link for downloading the
X-Lite soft phone you can use on your computer.
Take a look at our web site for details.

If you would like any additional info please feel to contact me directly.

Kind regards,

Phil.

Hi Phil,

Are you likely to reduce your mobile call charges? Orange & O2 @ 14ppm
and Voda & T-Mobile/Virgin @ 17ppm is a little outrageous, not to
mention 3 @ 30ppm.

Old January 17th 07, 08:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

Yaz wrote:
Can anyone advise if there are any companies that will provide a reliable
service Landline uk number for use with VOIP? Also am I able to choose a
number from a range?

I do not have an ATA but intend to use is with a bluetooth dongle and
headset arrangement.

Voipfone.co.uk will give you a free 056000nnnnn number you can have an 0845
number for a mere £1.99 a month which is great for folks that are scared off
by the 056000 number (which is also a local rate call I believe)

Hold your horses!

0560 numbers should be charged as a normal geo 01/02 number.

0845 numbers will be charged at around 3.5 pence per minute.

There is a significant difference between local & LoCall (0845)

I agree! You have to consider those who are going to call you.
Voipfone used to do geo numbers - don't they still do those? Much
better than an 0845 - you can get one of those free anyway if you shop
around. Voiptalk.org do geo numbers too. Voip.co.uk do geo numbers
and their UK pack is very good.
I can understand that, in certain circumstances, softphones are
appropriate, in fact sometimes the only option available. However, if
you do have a choice I would strongly recommend using an ATA rather
than spending your dosh on a headset. The problem with x-lite (free)
is that it only allows you a single provider. There are other
softphones that allow more providers but they don't have a dial plan
arrangement. There a pay versions of x-lite that do allow for more
providers. You can use Voxalot to achieve that of course but an ATA,
affording the same facility, is a much more satisfactory option.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.