BT Versatility switch and ISDN ring trip, please help

Old January 17th 07, 05:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
chris

Default BT Versatility switch and ISDN ring trip, please help

Hi
I've got a fault on a BT versatility switch.
It was moved from a working site, installed and worked fine
------------- for half a day.
It's now ring trip on all incoming calls on the two ISDN lines (all 4
trunks) Outgoing calls work fine.
I've disconnected the internal wiring pair by pair and it still happens.
Its on both ISDN's.
I've reset the switch.

BT have been on site and proved the ISDN's OK?????????????????????
The guys laptop had failed but he apparently tested it with his mobile
(I can't see how??)
Has anyone any ideas please.
Many thanks
Chris
Old January 17th 07, 07:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

chris pretended :
Hi
I've got a fault on a BT versatility switch.
It was moved from a working site, installed and worked fine ------------- for
half a day.
It's now ring trip on all incoming calls on the two ISDN lines (all 4 trunks)
Outgoing calls work fine.
I've disconnected the internal wiring pair by pair and it still happens.
Its on both ISDN's.
I've reset the switch.

BT have been on site and proved the ISDN's OK?????????????????????
The guys laptop had failed but he apparently tested it with his mobile (I
can't see how??)
Has anyone any ideas please.
Many thanks
Chris

Erm, I've seen outbound calls work OK whilst inbound fails if (on a
change of address) at the old address, the lines were supplied as
point-to-multipoint and at the new address BT have provisioned the
lines as point-to-point......

Old January 18th 07, 01:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoNeedToKnow

On 17 Jan 2007, chris wrote:

Has anyone any ideas please.

uk.telecom (rather than the broadband specific group) may get other answers

--
www.netdimes.org - mapping the internet.
Join team UK-24x7 (position 175) Let's beat "United States" :-

TeraNews http://tinyurl.com/3rjw4