new netgear ta612v already configured (sipgate)

Old January 18th 07, 06:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul

Default new netgear ta612v already configured (sipgate)

Hi there

bought the above a few days ago sealed from staples. finally managed to get
into it with 192.168.61.1 only to find someone elses account info on the
voip page

when i try to register it with sipgate it tells me where to go.

this was bought sealed from staples in the UK.

any ideas where i go from here, can only find email for sipgate a not a
phone number

paul

Old January 18th 07, 08:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Alan Foster

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 18:26:06 -0000, Paul wrote:

Hi there

bought the above a few days ago sealed from staples. finally managed to
get
into it with 192.168.61.1 only to find someone elses account info on the
voip page

when i try to register it with sipgate it tells me where to go.

this was bought sealed from staples in the UK.

any ideas where i go from here, can only find email for sipgate a not a
phone number

paul

A couple of years ago, I bought a HP CDRW drive from them - it was a bit
flakey - then I noticed a sticker on the casing which gave the information
that it had been factory reconditioned!!
I took it straight back and asked for a refund, complaining that it had
been sold as new. There was no arguement - they gave me my money with a
'don't know how that happened mate!'.
I suggest you do the same!

Alan

Old January 18th 07, 08:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 20:29:38 -0000, "Alan Foster"
wrote:

[...]

I agree - a good excuse to get out of being tied to Sipgate. Best to
spend your money on an unlocked ATA and choose your own deal. There
are some very good deals available to you.
I know at least one person who will disagree but Sipgate doesn't have
the best of reputations for reliability.
If it were me I'd get my money back pronto and then come back here for
advice on what ATA to buy and provider to use instead.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old January 19th 07, 01:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Paul" wrote in message
.uk
Hi there

bought the above a few days ago sealed from staples. finally managed to
get into it with 192.168.61.1 only to
find someone elses account info on the voip page

when i try to register it with sipgate it tells me where
to go.
this was bought sealed from staples in the UK.

any ideas where i go from here, can only find email for
sipgate a not a phone number

There isn't a direct phone support number, only email. I know of one
person who will complain bitterly about this, but most people here ignore
him.

As others have suggested, take it back to where you bought it, or you
could try erasing the configuration on Sipgate's website (there is an
option to do this there) and then try downloading your own info again.

Ivor

Old February 13th 07, 08:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

Paul wrote:
Hi there

bought the above a few days ago sealed from staples. finally managed to get
into it with 192.168.61.1 only to find someone elses account info on the
voip page

Just out of interest, can these be unlocked like the Vonage ATAs?