Hook flash delay?

Old January 19th 07, 05:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian Pawson

Default Hook flash delay?

I am having a problem getting the 'R' button on a standard phone to be
seen by my spa3000. I notice that the hook flash delay is set to .25S
(250ms). Is this the correct setting for UK usage?
I have reprogrammed my dect phone to give a longer break and this seems
to work, but I would like to get it to work with a standard phone.
Old January 19th 07, 05:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Ian Pawson:
I am having a problem getting the 'R' button on a standard phone to be
seen by my spa3000. I notice that the hook flash delay is set to .25S
(250ms). Is this the correct setting for UK usage?
I have reprogrammed my dect phone to give a longer break and this
seems to work, but I would like to get it to work with a standard
phone.

Try:-

Hook Flash Timer Min: 0.06
Hook Flash Timer Max: 0.2

Works for me on a Linksys PAP2 ATA

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Old January 19th 07, 06:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Andrews

"Ian Pawson" wrote in message
I am having a problem getting the 'R' button on a standard phone to be
seen by my spa3000. I notice that the hook flash delay is set to .25S
(250ms). Is this the correct setting for UK usage?
I have reprogrammed my dect phone to give a longer break and this seems
to work, but I would like to get it to work with a standard phone.

IIRC Line breaks of more than 30 milliseconds may be recognised as 'register
recall' signals those of more than 300 milliseconds will be recognised as a
clear - so 250ms looks OK for a recall.

Peter

Old January 19th 07, 06:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim

Ian Pawson wrote:
I am having a problem getting the 'R' button on a standard phone to be
seen by my spa3000. I notice that the hook flash delay is set to .25S
(250ms). Is this the correct setting for UK usage?

Depends on your phone

I have reprogrammed my dect phone to give a longer break and this seems
to work, but I would like to get it to work with a standard phone.

I need to try and work out what length of time your phone breaks for
when you press the button.

A flash hook R button effectively hangs up the phone and picks it up
again - you can get the same effect by pushing the hook switch down and
releasing it.

Are you sure your standard phone is doing time break (hook flash)
recall. The other kind is earth recall, which isn't supported by
sipura/linksys devices.

Tim
Old January 19th 07, 08:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian Pawson

Tim wrote:
Ian Pawson wrote:
I am having a problem getting the 'R' button on a standard phone to be
seen by my spa3000. I notice that the hook flash delay is set to .25S
(250ms). Is this the correct setting for UK usage?

Depends on your phone

I have reprogrammed my dect phone to give a longer break and this seems
to work, but I would like to get it to work with a standard phone.

I need to try and work out what length of time your phone breaks for
when you press the button.

A flash hook R button effectively hangs up the phone and picks it up
again - you can get the same effect by pushing the hook switch down and
releasing it.

Are you sure your standard phone is doing time break (hook flash)
recall. The other kind is earth recall, which isn't supported by
sipura/linksys devices.

Tim

Yes, is definitely set to break not earth recall
Old January 19th 07, 08:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian Pawson

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
Thus spaketh Ian Pawson:
I am having a problem getting the 'R' button on a standard phone to be
seen by my spa3000. I notice that the hook flash delay is set to .25S
(250ms). Is this the correct setting for UK usage?
I have reprogrammed my dect phone to give a longer break and this
seems to work, but I would like to get it to work with a standard
phone.

Try:-

Hook Flash Timer Min: 0.06
Hook Flash Timer Max: 0.2

Works for me on a Linksys PAP2 ATA

Sorry to say that the spa3000 only has a single setting for hook flash
delay.
Old January 21st 07, 02:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bob Geddes

In article , Ian Pawson
writes
I am having a problem getting the 'R' button on a standard phone to be
seen by my spa3000. I notice that the hook flash delay is set to .25S
(250ms). Is this the correct setting for UK usage?
I have reprogrammed my dect phone to give a longer break and this seems
to work, but I would like to get it to work with a standard phone.

UK / BT recall is 53ms to 120ms typically generated as 100ms.
So as setting of 250ms will not see the recall, as you have found out.
--
Bob Geddes
Old January 21st 07, 03:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian Pawson

Bob Geddes wrote:
In article , Ian Pawson
writes
I am having a problem getting the 'R' button on a standard phone to be
seen by my spa3000. I notice that the hook flash delay is set to .25S
(250ms). Is this the correct setting for UK usage?
I have reprogrammed my dect phone to give a longer break and this seems
to work, but I would like to get it to work with a standard phone.

UK / BT recall is 53ms to 120ms typically generated as 100ms.
So as setting of 250ms will not see the recall, as you have found out.

Many thanks for the info - now set to 100ms
Old January 21st 07, 10:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim Bray

Ian Pawson wrote:

Sorry to say that the spa3000 only has a single setting for hook flash
delay.

On which firmware version?

Look at
http://www.provu.co.uk/sipura_demo/s...admin/advanced

and click the on the regional tab.

Then scroll down to where it says `Control Timer Values (sec)` and there
are 2 settings. One of the left, one on the right.

What surprises me though, is that I would expect there to be three settings.

Hook Flash Timer Min:
and
Hook Flash Timer Max:

which affect detecting a hook flash on the FXS port

And also a third setting for the length of hook flash to be signalled on
the FXO port, when a flash hook signal is received over IP.

The above link is a bad example, because it shows a copy of a version 2
firmware. Version 3.xx is much better.

Tim
Old January 22nd 07, 09:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian Pawson

Tim Bray wrote:
Ian Pawson wrote:

[...]

Thanks for that, but I was looking on the pstn page in the 'fxo timer
values' section where the 'pstn hook flash len' is set to .25.
The firmware value is 3.1.10(GWd)