Packet loss with AOL

Old January 20th 07, 12:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Pollard

Default Packet loss with AOL

Hi
I was wondering if anyone else has noticed an inordinately
high packet loss with AOL broadband. I was using a piece of VoIp
software and when my normal phone rang, I lost the VoIp connection.
Anyone have any ideas about this one. BTW, I am at the end of a 7km
phone line so am only getting .9M connection speed.

Ian
Old January 20th 07, 12:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Loz

Ian Pollard wrote:
Hi
I was wondering if anyone else has noticed an inordinately
high packet loss with AOL broadband. I was using a piece of VoIp
software and when my normal phone rang, I lost the VoIp connection.
Anyone have any ideas about this one. BTW, I am at the end of a 7km
phone line so am only getting .9M connection speed.

On AOL silver and no packet loss at all. Latency is better than my
other connection (blueyonder 4 Mbit)
Old January 20th 07, 02:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Pollard

On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 10:00:20 +0000, milou wrote:

Fine here.
Its a great pity that the Craphone ****house will take over in a few
days.
Massive exodus predicted.

Is that right, Carphone Warehouse are taking over AOL??

Ian
Old January 20th 07, 03:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Cupis

Ian Pollard wrote:
On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 10:00:20 +0000, milou wrote:
Fine here.
Its a great pity that the Craphone ****house will take over in a few
days.
Massive exodus predicted.

Is that right, Carphone Warehouse are taking over AOL??

Almost.

http://www.cpwplc.com/cpw/media/press/2006/2006-10-11/
"Carphone Warehouse to acquire Time Warner's AOL Internet access
business in the UK for 370 million"