SKYPE Account Blocked...

Old January 21st 07, 05:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
tRuthvalue

Default SKYPE Account Blocked...

I don't have access to a Usenet group with "skype" in the name, so I hope
this group is appropriate.

I added 10 Euros to my SKYPE call phones account on Friday evening. It was
not overdrawn; it now shows 11.32 Euros available. However, some time
Saturday, my account became unusable for calling phones of non-skype users.
I can skype with other skype users, but each time I try to "Call a phone", I
get a RED message stating, "Your Skype account has been 'Blocked'"!

Does anyone here know what can cause your account to go dead? Could it be
that I use it from more than one of my PCs over a home network router? I
always try to make sure that no more than one invocation of skype is ever
active, but it has happened.

I submitted a query through their service web form 12 hours ago, but have
not received a response, and still can't call out.

Thanks in advance for any insights...

--tRuth

Old January 22nd 07, 01:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
andy

tRuthvalue wrote:
[...]

I don't know, but you might read their forums a bit, as there are a few
threads about this. One thing is that Skype doesn't seem to like people
using one credit card to put money on more than one account

Apparently 4 working days is said to be their response time to emails
(my different query took seven)