Vonage include 056 numbers?

Old January 23rd 07, 08:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Anti Spam Bloke

Default Vonage include 056 numbers?

Hi

Do Vonage include 056 numbers as part of free calls?

Old January 23rd 07, 08:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Anti Spam Bloke:
Hi

Do Vonage include 056 numbers as part of free calls?

I don't know, but then I'm sure you do actually know and will post as
such shortly. You seem quite good at that.

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Old January 23rd 07, 08:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Anti Spam Bloke

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
. ..
Thus spaketh Anti Spam Bloke:
Hi

Do Vonage include 056 numbers as part of free calls?

I don't know, but then I'm sure you do actually know and will post as such
shortly. You seem quite good at that.

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

I got through to Customer Care and they said it's 10ppm. I advise them of
the BT cost...
Calls to 056 numbers are charged at the g21 rate.
Daytime 4.89p per minute
Evening 2p per minute
Weekend 1.18p per minute...

....and they said they'll look into it.

Old January 23rd 07, 11:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On 2007-01-23, Anti Spam Bloke wrote:

I got through to Customer Care and they said it's 10ppm. I advise them of
the BT cost...
Calls to 056 numbers are charged at the g21 rate.
Daytime 4.89p per minute
Evening 2p per minute
Weekend 1.18p per minute...

BT classes a call to a 056 number as a UK call. The UK call costs for BT
Together Option 1 at

http://www2.bt.com/static/i/btretail..._together.html

differ quite considerably from those you give. What is the source of
your information?

Brian.
Old January 23rd 07, 11:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Brian formulated on Tuesday :
On 2007-01-23, Anti Spam Bloke wrote:

I got through to Customer Care and they said it's 10ppm. I advise them of
the BT cost...
Calls to 056 numbers are charged at the g21 rate.
Daytime 4.89p per minute
Evening 2p per minute
Weekend 1.18p per minute...

BT classes a call to a 056 number as a UK call. The UK call costs for BT
Together Option 1 at

http://www2.bt.com/static/i/btretail..._together.html

differ quite considerably from those you give. What is the source of
your information?

Brian.

This
http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/public/current/Call_Charges_boo/0025_d0e5.htm#0025-d0e5
shows the price group.

This
http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/public/current/Call_Charges_boo/0016_d0e5.htm#0016-d0e5
shows the prices for the groups

g21 - Calls to New Voice Services 4.888ppm inc VAT daytime.

Old January 23rd 07, 11:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On 2007-01-23, Jono wrote:

Brian formulated on Tuesday :
BT classes a call to a 056 number as a UK call. The UK call costs for BT
Together Option 1 at

http://www2.bt.com/static/i/btretail..._together.html

differ quite considerably from those you give. What is the source of
your information?

Brian.

This
http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/public/current/Call_Charges_boo/0025_d0e5.htm#0025-d0e5
shows the price group.

This
http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/public/current/Call_Charges_boo/0016_d0e5.htm#0016-d0e5
shows the prices for the groups

g21 - Calls to New Voice Services 4.888ppm inc VAT daytime.

Thanks. If I understand it correctly that is a Basic Inland Call Charge.
Being on BT Together Option 1, like many residential subscribers, is
quite an advantage compared with that rate and what Vonage charge.

Brian.
Old January 24th 07, 11:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin Jay

In message , Brian
writes
On 2007-01-23, Jono wrote:
This
http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/p...harges_boo/002
5_d0e5.htm#0025-d0e5
shows the price group.

This
http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/p...harges_boo/001
6_d0e5.htm#0016-d0e5
shows the prices for the groups

g21 - Calls to New Voice Services 4.888ppm inc VAT daytime.

Thanks. If I understand it correctly that is a Basic Inland Call Charge.
Being on BT Together Option 1, like many residential subscribers, is
quite an advantage compared with that rate and what Vonage charge.

Yep. And most of BT's residential customers are on BT Together Option 1
by default.

For customers on BT Together, confirmation that calls to numbers
beginning with 056 (g21) are charged at the same rate as calls to
geographical numbers can be found in section 55 of the BT Price List.

Presumably one reason for keeping the prices of local and national calls
at a higher rate in section 2 of the Price List is to justify the cost
of calls to revenue sharing numbers, such as 0845 and 0870.
--
Martin Jay
Phone/SMS: +44 7740 191877