Help needed in selecting VOIP provider

Old January 23rd 07, 09:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jay

Default Help needed in selecting VOIP provider

Hi ,
I am new to voip and am looking to explore this.
I have selected the Siemens C460IP phone
http://www.home-phones.co.uk/asp/pro...=any&PT_ID=all

Want to know which service provider is best for my needs?
Main international call destinations a
India , Philippines & USA
best rates I have are from 18185.com

Looking for a VOIP provider that will be useful for international as well as
local use.
Voice Mail service

Hope you can help me!

Old January 24th 07, 12:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On 2007-01-23, Jay wrote:

Hi ,
I am new to voip and am looking to explore this.
I have selected the Siemens C460IP phone
http://www.home-phones.co.uk/asp/pro...=any&PT_ID=all

Want to know which service provider is best for my needs?
Main international call destinations a
India , Philippines & USA
best rates I have are from 18185.com

Looking for a VOIP provider that will be useful for international as well as
local use.
Voice Mail service

None of the voip services appear to better 18185's present rates for
India and the Philippines. The UK and US rates are good too.

Brian.
Old January 24th 07, 12:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote in message

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 21:20:41 -0000, "Jay"
wrote:

Hi ,
I am new to voip and am looking to explore this.
I have selected the Siemens C460IP phone
http://www.home-phones.co.uk/asp/pro...=any&PT_ID=all

Want to know which service provider is best for my
needs?
Main international call destinations a
India , Philippines & USA
best rates I have are from 18185.com

Looking for a VOIP provider that will be useful for
international as well as local use.
Voice Mail service

Hope you can help me!

www.voip.co.uk free UK calls evenings and weekends 1.17p
daytime 2p a minute to most of Europe or
www.voipfone.co.uk similar call charges but no free calls
just keep well away from Sipgate no matter what anyone
says .

Keep well away from anything Ron Chew says...

Ivor

Old January 24th 07, 09:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Roderick Stewart

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 21:20:41 -0000, "Jay" wrote:

I am new to voip and am looking to explore this.
I have selected the Siemens C460IP phone
http://www.home-phones.co.uk/asp/pro...=any&PT_ID=all

Want to know which service provider is best for my needs?
Main international call destinations a
India , Philippines & USA
best rates I have are from 18185.com

Change your broadband provider to Orange. They supply the box, and a
VOIP account is included. Free calls to all UK landlines and overseas
numbers. You don't need a special expensive phone - just plug any
standard phone, or the base station of a cordless phone, into the box.
If you also have a mobile phone contract with them, it's even cheaper.

Rod.
Old January 24th 07, 10:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 09:33:37 +0000, Roderick Stewart
wrote:

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 21:20:41 -0000, "Jay" wrote:

I am new to voip and am looking to explore this.
I have selected the Siemens C460IP phone
http://www.home-phones.co.uk/asp/pro...=any&PT_ID=all

Want to know which service provider is best for my needs?
Main international call destinations a
India , Philippines & USA
best rates I have are from 18185.com

Change your broadband provider to Orange. They supply the box, and a
VOIP account is included. Free calls to all UK landlines and overseas
numbers. You don't need a special expensive phone - just plug any
standard phone, or the base station of a cordless phone, into the box.
If you also have a mobile phone contract with them, it's even cheaper.

Rod.

Orange free calls DO NOT include calls to India - the rate is a
whopping 25p/min and 40p/min to mobiles. Inclusive calls do include
do include calls to Philippines and USA.
There are literally HUNDREDS of SIP voip providers. Check out the list
on the sipbroker.com site.
I would look at the providers in the region you are trying to call.
I checked just one well known Australian provider - pennytel.com.
As converted from AU$ :-
India 4p/min (same as 18185 but no connection fee of course)
Philippines 6p/min (18185 is 7p/min)
It is likely that you will find cheaper if you look around.
This is why it is good to have an ATA that will permit the use of
several providers. If yours does not then you can utilise Voxalot to
facilitate that.
For the US, UK and Europe I would use Vyke.co.uk - 2p/call.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old January 24th 07, 12:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rob

wrote in message

Incidentally when are you going to become a European ???.

In a recent Teletext (ITV1) poll, 93% of the respondents voted that they
thought the UK would be better off out of Europe .

OK, I know they probably didn't get a truly representitive sample of voters,
but in my opinion the result was probably how the majority of people think
about the EC or whatever it calls itself at the moment.

Taking into account all the immigration, imbalance of financial
input/output, bureaucracy, etc.etc. I'm inclined to agree with the majority
of voters in that poll.

So Ivor might not be in the minority if he doesn't wish to be considered
European. On the other hand......

Rob

Old January 24th 07, 02:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Rob:
wrote in message

Incidentally when are you going to become a European ???.

In a recent Teletext (ITV1) poll, 93% of the respondents voted that
they thought the UK would be better off out of Europe .

OK, I know they probably didn't get a truly representitive sample of
voters, but in my opinion the result was probably how the majority of
people think about the EC or whatever it calls itself at the moment.

Taking into account all the immigration, imbalance of financial
input/output, bureaucracy, etc.etc. I'm inclined to agree with the
majority of voters in that poll.

So Ivor might not be in the minority if he doesn't wish to be
considered European. On the other hand......

Rob

I'm happy to be part of the EU, and if the unthinkable were to happen
and sadly we did the crazy thing and pull out, I would move to a country
that remained in the EU.

Trouble is we have too many people believing what the media wants them
to believe.

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Old January 24th 07, 07:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote in message

[snip]

Has I have said Rob I fully agree with what you have said.
So Ivor might not be in the minority if he doesn't wish
to be considered European. On the other hand......

"Has" I said..? When are you going to learn to spell..?!

Whether he like it or not it he is a European at the
moment like everyone else.

Wrong.

Ivor

Old January 24th 07, 07:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
wrote in message

[snip]

I'm happy to be part of the EU, and if the unthinkable
were to happen and sadly we did the crazy thing and pull
out, I would move to a country that remained in the EU.

Off you go then, but don't try and force me to go with you.

Trouble is we have too many people believing what the
media wants them to believe.

Nobody tells me what to believe, particularly idiots called Ron.

Ivor