SKYPE and 'Blocked' Accounts...

Old January 24th 07, 08:30 PM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.telecom.voip
tRuthvalue

Default SKYPE and 'Blocked' Accounts...

My Skype window currently says there are over 8 million people online.
Knowing that often, you "Get what you pay for", I guess I can understand why
Skype has now not replied to my 3 requests for help in over 5 DAYS, but
it's unbelievable to me that I cannot find anyone in 24hoursupport.helpdesk
or uk.telecom.voip who knows WHO, HOW, WHY, WHERE or WHAT can cause "Your
Skype Account has been BLOCKED!" One person suggested multiple account
problems. I have only one Skype account and pay with Paypal!

"tRuthvalue" wrote in message
. ..
I don't have access to a Usenet group with "skype" in the name, so I hope
this group is not inappropriate.

I added 10 Euros to my SKYPE call phones account late Friday evening. It
was
not overdrawn; it now shows 11.32 Euros available. However, some time
Saturday, my account became unusable for calling phones of non-skype

users.
I can skype with other skype users, but each time I try to "Call a phone",

get a RED message stating, "Your Skype account has been 'Blocked'"! When

log in to the Skype web site, this same RED message apears, and

ironically,
right underneath is a thank you for paying for the one year of unlimited
service (US/Canada), and my 11.32 Euros credit for international calling.

I submitted a query through their service web form about 48 hours ago, but
have
not yet received a response, and still can't call out. I cancelled my
unlimited Verizon landline service, so now we are having to pay other
carriers for local AND long distance! :-(

WHO, WHAT, WHY is "BLOCKED"? !!

Thanks in advance for any insights...

--tRuth
p.s. "Call Phones" worked until some time after adding the 10 E's to my
account.

Old January 24th 07, 08:40 PM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.telecom.voip
Jono

tRuthvalue laid this down on his screen :
[...]

I can skype with other skype users, but each time I try to "Call a phone", I
get a RED message stating, "Your Skype account has been 'Blocked'"! When I
log in to the Skype web site, this same RED message apears, and ironically,
right underneath is a thank you for paying for the one year of unlimited
service (US/Canada), and my 11.32 Euros credit for international calling.

I submitted a query through their service web form about 48 hours ago, but
have
not yet received a response, and still can't call out. I cancelled my
unlimited Verizon landline service, so now we are having to pay other
carriers for local AND long distance! :-(

WHO, WHAT, WHY is "BLOCKED"? !!

I experienced the same thing. Lost around 12. No reply from Skype.
Don't use it anymore.

I have for some time now, refused to use anything with time-limited
credit, as a direct result of Skype's trickery.

Old January 24th 07, 09:03 PM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 20:40:43 GMT, Jono
wrote:

[...]

Look at it this way. Virtually all the people you chat to on Skype
will have a standard telephone. Get yourself sorted with a SIP
provider, and some gear, and you'll still be able to call them at very
cheap prices, or for free if they are on SIP too.
If you then don't like the SIP proviider you are with then there are
lots more out there - with Skype - you have Skype and you are a very
small cog in their wheel. It can be very frustrating dealing with some
organisations.
If you are having all this trouble with Skype now then ask yourself if
you are likely to risk putting more money into your account. If 'no'
then you might as well cut your losses now and move on - less
stressful that way.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old January 24th 07, 09:05 PM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Brian A expressed precisely :
wrote:

[...]

'Blocked'"! When I log in to the Skype web site, this same RED message
[...]

;-) I hope you're talking to the OP & not me! Been using asterisk now
for over a year - using "proper SIP"

Old January 24th 07, 10:31 PM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

wrote:

[...]

NO definitely NOT talking about you Jono - I do know that you are one
of the 'regulars' on this group and that Asterisk is one of your
specialities. :-)
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old January 25th 07, 01:06 AM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.telecom.voip
tRuthvalue

Thanks for your comments...

My skype setup had been working fine for over a year. It's only since I
opted for the 1 year unlimited plan (CANADA/US) that this "Blocked"
condition occured. I've been able to view video and audio from the UK and
Japan, with no hitches. The free "skype" connections with friends still
works fine. I want to know "WHAT" is wrong! It may sound paranoid, but
I've even wondered if Bush put me on a "List!" Hopefully, they're just
working out the bugs in their new billing system. In the meantime, it's very
frustrating NOT KNOWING what's going on. I was hoping to find at least one
other person in the same boat as me here.

Old January 25th 07, 10:08 AM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 20:06:49 -0500, "tRuthvalue"
wrote:

Thanks for your comments...

My skype setup had been working fine for over a year. It's only since I
opted for the 1 year unlimited plan (CANADA/US) that this "Blocked"
condition occured. I've been able to view video and audio from the UK and
Japan, with no hitches. The free "skype" connections with friends still
works fine. I want to know "WHAT" is wrong! It may sound paranoid, but
I've even wondered if Bush put me on a "List!" Hopefully, they're just
working out the bugs in their new billing system. In the meantime, it's very
frustrating NOT KNOWING what's going on. I was hoping to find at least one
other person in the same boat as me here.

There are people who use Skype that use this group but mostly it is
frequented by people interested in SIP or IAX. Most of the people who
solely use Skype tend to be less technical oriented so are less likely
to be able to help anyway.

I trust that you have already tried
http://forum.skype.com/
Some of the Skype hierarchy are likley to be looking in on the forums
or you may be able to post to one of them directly.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.