IAX newsgroup?

Old January 25th 07, 07:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Al

Default IAX newsgroup?

Would anybody know whether there are any IAX newsgroup?

(Can't get a "full group list" from my server and need to ask, sorry.)

Many thanks!

Al

Old January 27th 07, 01:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Al

Oops, I accidentally deleted the reply - but I think it was from Brian.

Anyway, thanks for the info!

There is one more useful group I found, com.dcom.voice-over-ip...

Al
Old January 27th 07, 07:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Al" wrote in message

Oops, I accidentally deleted the reply - but I think it
was from Brian.

Anyway, thanks for the info!

There is one more useful group I found,
com.dcom.voice-over-ip...

That group is ok but is almost completely American-orientated. It has very
little UK content.

Ivor

Old January 27th 07, 08:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 22:03:10 +0900, (Al) wrote:

There is one more useful group I found, com.dcom.voice-over-ip...

any Asterisk groups / forums ? IAX being an Asterisk protocol and all
that.

Phil
--

Usenet spam eaten by a Hamster
http://www.tglsoft.de/
Old January 27th 07, 08:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Phil Thompson" wrote in
message
wrote:

There is one more useful group I found,
com.dcom.voice-over-ip...

any Asterisk groups / forums ? IAX being an Asterisk
protocol and all that.

You might find this site useful:

www.ckts.info

It's a very specific goal that is being looked at on this site though, it
may not be what you're looking for, but it should contain some useful
info.

Ivor

Old January 27th 07, 08:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 20:03:56 +0000, Phil Thompson
wrote:

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 22:03:10 +0900, (Al) wrote:

There is one more useful group I found, com.dcom.voice-over-ip...

any Asterisk groups / forums ? IAX being an Asterisk protocol and all
that.

Phil

There is the
www.trixbox.org
forum. trixbox~=asterisk+ freepbx

Also
http://forum.voxilla.com/asterisk-users-group/
Mostly US but some useful stuff nevertheless.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old January 28th 07, 10:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Al

Ivor Jones wrote:
com.dcom.voice-over-ip...

That group is ok but is almost completely American-orientated. It has very
little UK content.

Looks like it. :-)

Since I am in Okinawa, neither of them will be of any use to me in
regards to the apparently frequently discussed issues concerning service
providers, but I might be able to get some useful info re hardware (that
will be the topic of my next post)...

Al
Old January 31st 07, 11:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
B. Wright

Ivor Jones wrote:

"Al" wrote in message

There is one more useful group I found,
com.dcom.voice-over-ip...

That group is ok but is almost completely American-orientated. It has very
little UK content.

Ivor

Yeah, but it doesn't have you lot constantly arguing in it,
which makes it better. Besides, VoIP is pretty non-geographic other
than local hardware sources and incoming numbers, providers can be used
regardless of physical location.

Maybe it's better that you kids stay here for the ****ing
matches though, it makes the other group more pleasant.

Old January 31st 07, 05:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"B. Wright" wrote in message

[snip]

Maybe it's better that you kids stay here for the ****ing
matches though, it makes the other group more pleasant.

I only argue if given cause. Do I have cause to argue with you..?

Ivor