Tutorial source for Asterisk, Freepbx - Custom Apps ?

Old January 27th 07, 01:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

Default Tutorial source for Asterisk, Freepbx - Custom Apps ?

I have installed v2.0 of Trixbox.
I want to be able to program 'Custom Apps'.
I have Googled and all I can find is ready written custom apps and
that is not what I am looking for. I know nothing about the
programming/implementation of 'custom apps' so, what I want to do is
learn how to do it so I can set up the Trixbox to do what I want it to
do.
Can anyone point me to a source that will explain this, together with
a list of commands etc.? I am hoping that I will find something
suitable on the Net but I don't mind buying a book too if that would
help.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old January 27th 07, 08:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On 2007-01-27, Brian A wrote:

I have installed v2.0 of Trixbox.
I want to be able to program 'Custom Apps'.
I have Googled and all I can find is ready written custom apps and
that is not what I am looking for.

With zero knowledge of Trixbox I'd be guessing at what the term 'Custom
Apps' means. Pointers to two or three of them would give an idea of what
they are and how they are written.

I know nothing about the
programming/implementation of 'custom apps' so, what I want to do is
learn how to do it so I can set up the Trixbox to do what I want it to
do.
Can anyone point me to a source that will explain this, together with
a list of commands etc.? I am hoping that I will find something
suitable on the Net but I don't mind buying a book too if that would
help.

Asterisk's app_* files are C files. The PHP, perl and python languages
are also used to produce application modules. Maybe

http://asterisk.gnuinter.net/

and

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+AGI

are useful. There is also the Developers section at

http://www.asterisk.org

Brian.
Old January 27th 07, 08:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 20:18:08 +0000 (UTC), Brian

On 2007-01-27, Brian A wrote:

[...]

Thanks, I'll check them out. I am quite proficient at PHP so that
might help. I ditched PERL for PHP a few years ago., I much prefer
PHP - I haven't done any 'C' for a about 10 years.
The 'custom apps' I was particularly referring to is, on Freepbx,
where you have the option, for example, in IVR, of choosing 'Core',
'IVR' or 'Custom App'. So, if custom apps can be in PHP that will help
but it will be a steep learning curve for me to get to know how to
interface with Asterisk, files to modify etc. That is why I need the
information.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old February 2nd 07, 01:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Desk Rabbit

Brian A wrote:
I have installed v2.0 of Trixbox.
I want to be able to program 'Custom Apps'.
I have Googled and all I can find is ready written custom apps and
that is not what I am looking for. I know nothing about the
programming/implementation of 'custom apps' so, what I want to do is
learn how to do it so I can set up the Trixbox to do what I want it to
do.
Can anyone point me to a source that will explain this, together with
a list of commands etc.? I am hoping that I will find something
suitable on the Net but I don't mind buying a book too if that would
help.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

http://www.aussievoip.com/wiki/index...X-Destinations

Extract:

Custom App
You can create your own application using the standard Asterisk Dialplan
language in the file /etc/asterisk/extensions_custom.conf, and reference
it with this. An example would be:

custom-count2four
exten = s,1,SayDigits(1234)
exten = s,2,Hangup

After placing this in /etc/asterisk/extensions_custom.conf, you can send
callers to this by using 'custom-count2four,s,1'

Dialplans:-
http://www.asteriskdocs.org/modules/...html/c465.html