X-Lite 3.0 behind Fritz!box dsl-router

Old January 28th 07, 10:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Hans Greiner

Default X-Lite 3.0 behind Fritz!box dsl-router

Hej!

I have a strange problem:

I live in Germany and use freenet DSL.
I have a Fritz!Box SL WLAN as router, behind this I use a W2k machine and a
XP SP2 machine. Both run Sygate as personal firewall.

On the W2k-Rechner I had no problem to install freenets iPhoneCommunicator.
But inbound calls are not signaled by a ring singal. On the XP SP2 machine
I had to install X-Lite 3.0. The configuration was impossible on this
machine.

Apart from the ring signal everything nice and peachy with the
iPhoneCommunicator on W2k.

X-Lite 3.0 on XP is great for outbound calls. Inbound calls show a one-way
audio problem. The caller can't hear me! But voice quality is great for all
set up audio channels.

I set up port forwarding on my router to the XP machine:

5060, 5004, 3478, 3479, 16384-16400, 8000 UDP
8001 TCP

- no change in behaviour!

The only effect is (as expected), that the W2k machine does not get any
inbound call...

Than I installed X-Lite 2.0 on my XP machine.
Inbound calls and outbound calls work great now. But the voice quality is
horrible: Noise and echo!

Anyone an idea why X-Lite 3.0 does not work on the same machine, with the
same firewall settings? Does X-Lite 2.0 have a feature, X-Lite 3.0 does not
have? Any suggestion for helpful settings for my X-Lite 3.0?

Any help is much appreciated!

regards from Berlin

/Hans
--
www.tiggerkater.de.vu
Old January 28th 07, 10:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
aap

"Hans Greiner" wrote in message
Hej!

I have a strange problem:

I live in Germany and use freenet DSL.
I have a Fritz!Box SL WLAN as router, behind this I use a W2k

If the fritzbox is using VOIP, it's responding to port 5062
So you have to config xlite for 5062.
Enable TCP 5062 on the fritzbox for incoming traffic to your pc.
Also enable UDP and TCP ports 8000-8005 for incoming traffic to your pc.
Allow xlite for incoming traffic on your pc's built-in firewall.

If the fritzbox is not using voip, read 5060 for 5062.

Cu

Old January 28th 07, 11:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Hans Greiner

Hej aap!

Thanx for your response!

Am Sun, 28 Jan 2007 11:14:45 +0100 schrieb aap:
If the fritzbox is using VOIP, it's responding to port 5062
So you have to config xlite for 5062.
Enable TCP 5062 on the fritzbox for incoming traffic to your pc.
Also enable UDP and TCP ports 8000-8005 for incoming traffic to your pc.
Allow xlite for incoming traffic on your pc's built-in firewall.

If the fritzbox is not using voip, read 5060 for 5062.

The Fritz!Box does not use VOIP, so I configured
5060 UDP, TCP
8000-8005 UDP, TCP to be forwarded to my machine.

I changed nothing in my X-Lite 3.0 settings, because (as far as I can see)
there is no way to influence port usage in X-Lite 3.0...
Is there a way?

Unfortunately: no change!

Any additional ide

--