Virgin media

Old January 31st 07, 10:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Lynch

Default Virgin media

I just got a very professionally presented load of bumpf from
"Virgin Media" through my letterbox.
Briefly, it's NTL,Telewest, Virgin.net an mobile all lumped
together.
Now the flyers are very glossy and their website (www.knowfirst.co.uk)
is full of feelgood stuff and I am sure is totally hip. However,
they don't make any mention of the only piece of information that I
and presumably anybody else cares about: price.

Since all bb and mobiles are pretty much the same and you've either
got NTL telly or not (I haven't, I use Sky instead) then price and
reliability/speed are the only factors that matter.
Anyone know what they're hoping to charge for all this luvvly, warm,
fuzzy-feeling convergence?

Pete
--
.................................................. .........................
.. never trust a man who, when left alone ...... Pete Lynch .

Old January 31st 07, 11:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

follow this link http://www.whycable.co.uk/pricechanges/telewest/

Old January 31st 07, 12:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Peter Lynch wrote:

I just got a very professionally presented load of bumpf from
"Virgin Media" through my letterbox.
Briefly, it's NTL,Telewest, Virgin.net an mobile all lumped
together.
Now the flyers are very glossy and their website (www.knowfirst.co.uk)
is full of feelgood stuff and I am sure is totally hip. However,
they don't make any mention of the only piece of information that I
and presumably anybody else cares about: price.

Since all bb and mobiles are pretty much the same and you've either
got NTL telly or not (I haven't, I use Sky instead) then price and
reliability/speed are the only factors that matter.
Anyone know what they're hoping to charge for all this luvvly, warm,
fuzzy-feeling convergence?

I thought it was a load of typical marketing nonsense too.

Graham

Old January 31st 07, 12:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Motion

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Peter Lynch wrote:

I just got a very professionally presented load of bumpf from
"Virgin Media" through my letterbox.
Briefly, it's NTL,Telewest, Virgin.net an mobile all lumped
together.
Now the flyers are very glossy and their website (www.knowfirst.co.uk)
is full of feelgood stuff and I am sure is totally hip. However,
they don't make any mention of the only piece of information that I
and presumably anybody else cares about: price.

Since all bb and mobiles are pretty much the same and you've either
got NTL telly or not (I haven't, I use Sky instead) then price and
reliability/speed are the only factors that matter.
Anyone know what they're hoping to charge for all this luvvly, warm,
fuzzy-feeling convergence?

I thought it was a load of typical marketing nonsense too.

I just put though the paper shredder

Old January 31st 07, 08:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kipper

I haven't received my load of bumpf yet, but I expect it is on its way. As
I have told NTL that I am terminating my contract with them to go over to
SKY, I received a telephone call today offering me 10 meg Broadband for 15
per month. I told them to forget it as I am determined to go. The BT phone
should be reconnected in a couple of weeks then it's all systems go, I hope.

"Peter Lynch" wrote in message
I just got a very professionally presented load of bumpf from
"Virgin Media" through my letterbox.
Briefly, it's NTL,Telewest, Virgin.net an mobile all lumped
together.
Now the flyers are very glossy and their website (www.knowfirst.co.uk)
is full of feelgood stuff and I am sure is totally hip. However,
they don't make any mention of the only piece of information that I
and presumably anybody else cares about: price.

Since all bb and mobiles are pretty much the same and you've either
got NTL telly or not (I haven't, I use Sky instead) then price and
reliability/speed are the only factors that matter.
Anyone know what they're hoping to charge for all this luvvly, warm,
fuzzy-feeling convergence?

Pete
--
.................................................. ........................

Old January 31st 07, 11:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Lynch

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 20:28:05 GMT, kipper wrote:
I haven't received my load of bumpf yet, but I expect it is on its way. As
I have told NTL that I am terminating my contract with them to go over to
SKY, I received a telephone call today offering me 10 meg Broadband for 15
per month. I told them to forget it as I am determined to go. The BT phone
should be reconnected in a couple of weeks then it's all systems go, I hope.

Yes, as soon as I can resolve my dispute with Demon (spit!) and get the
tag removed from my line I'll be saying goodbye to NTL's 35/month
broadband and saying hello to Sly's, sorry, Sky's similar offering.

Pete

--
.................................................. .........................

Old February 1st 07, 12:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoNeedToKnow

On 31 Jan 2007, Peter Lynch wrote:

Yes, as soon as I can resolve my dispute with Demon (spit!) and get the
tag removed from my line I'll be saying goodbye to NTL's 35/month
broadband and saying hello to Sly's, sorry, Sky's similar offering.

Depending on the circumstances, it might be worth taking note of the number
for the BT Wholesale 'Tag Line', for when you get some confirmation that
your dispute has been resolved.

See http://www.thinkbroadband.com/faq/se...stall.html#223

Old February 7th 07, 01:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mac

100Mb is being trialled successfully in London. I just wish they would fix
the existing product before increasing the loads by x10.

oups.com...

.
. in a room with a tea cosy ...... Marlow, England
.
. doesn't try it on (Billy Connolly)

Just heard in a briefing. They are to offer 100mb. No real news on
pricing however they do seem pretty determined to do a bit of Sky\BT
bashing.