Next Question!

Old February 2nd 07, 12:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Port Admiral Haynes

Default Next Question!

Ok (see VOIP Calls To me part 1 and 2)

I have now got my system set up so I can dial out with VopDiscount and have
got a local number that people can ring me on (Thank you {{{{{Welcome}}}}} )

I have an unlocked Linksys PAP2T with the latest firmware.

How do I get something to display on caller IDs when I ring via
VoipDiscount. If I do ring "UNAVAILABLE" is displayed.

Thanks

Old February 2nd 07, 01:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

Port Admiral Haynes wrote:
How do I get something to display on caller IDs when I ring via
VoipDiscount. If I do ring "UNAVAILABLE" is displayed.

I dont think you are able to, sorry.
Old February 2nd 07, 08:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 13:36:10 GMT, Scope wrote:

Port Admiral Haynes wrote:
How do I get something to display on caller IDs when I ring via
VoipDiscount. If I do ring "UNAVAILABLE" is displayed.

I dont think you are able to, sorry.

At least it is 'Unavailable' - much better then 'Withheld' as that can
result in blocking to some numbers.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old February 2nd 07, 09:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

"Scope" wrote in message
Port Admiral Haynes wrote:
How do I get something to display on caller IDs when I ring via
VoipDiscount. If I do ring "UNAVAILABLE" is displayed.

I dont think you are able to, sorry.

You can with voipcheap so it should be possible for voipdiscount. I know
you have to do it all through the softphone (latest version) for it to work.
If I remember correctly you need to set your mobile number in the personal
settings box (taking care to enter in 00447 format), then verify the number
and set as CLI. Could be that I have remembered it wrong. Doesn't work for
landline numbers.

Try searching the group as I think I contributed to an earlier thread on the
subject.

Old February 2nd 07, 09:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

Herman wrote:
You can with voipcheap so it should be possible for voipdiscount. I know
you have to do it all through the softphone (latest version) for it to work.
If I remember correctly you need to set your mobile number in the personal
settings box (taking care to enter in 00447 format), then verify the number
and set as CLI. Could be that I have remembered it wrong. Doesn't work for
landline numbers.

Sorry, Yes you can.. Atleast to a mobile number.. The setting is in the
latest software. Would be nice if you could set a landline number aswell.
Old February 5th 07, 07:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
dmitri

You can with voipcheap so it should be possible for voipdiscount. I know
you have to do it all through the softphone (latest version) for it to work.
If I remember correctly you need to set your mobile number in the personal
settings box (taking care to enter in 00447 format), then verify the number
and set as CLI. Could be that I have remembered it wrong. Doesn't work for
landline numbers.

Try searching the group as I think I contributed to an earlier thread on the
subject.

I had my mobile # verified through softphone but it only shows up "From" in
SMSes, not when dialing from ATA. I use VoipCheapCom, VOIP GATEWAY 102
with "Caller ID Scheme" set to "ETSI-FSK(UK-CCA), "Send Anonymous"(If
"Yes", caller ID will be blocked) set to "No". My ID come as "UNAVAILABLE"
though.

Has anybody succeded?
Old February 7th 07, 11:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

"dmitri" wrote in message

[...]

As I said I got it to work via voipcheap com. Make sure your mobile number
appears as 00447.... and not as +447.... To do this you need to enter it
through the softphone, NOT on the web. If my memory serves me right, you
then just need to verify and set as caller ID and hey presto! It doesn't
seem to work all the time on calls to mobile numbers but no problem with
landlines.

Old February 8th 07, 12:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim Bray

Port Admiral Haynes wrote:
How do I get something to display on caller IDs when I ring via
VoipDiscount. If I do ring "UNAVAILABLE" is displayed.

I'm not sure if possible on VoipDiscount.

But lack of outbound caller ID is a common feature on cheap service
providers. You get what you pay for.

Tim
Old February 8th 07, 10:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Oldie

In article ,
"Herman" wrote:

(snipped)

As I said I got it to work via voipcheap com. Make sure your mobile number
appears as 00447.... and not as +447.... To do this you need to enter it
through the softphone, NOT on the web. If my memory serves me right, you
then just need to verify and set as caller ID and hey presto! It doesn't
seem to work all the time on calls to mobile numbers but no problem with
landlines.

Does it work with an ATA as well as on the softphone?

Oldie
Old February 9th 07, 09:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

"Oldie" wrote in message
In article ,
"Herman" wrote:

(snipped)

As I said I got it to work via voipcheap com. Make sure your mobile
number
appears as 00447.... and not as +447.... To do this you need to enter it
through the softphone, NOT on the web. If my memory serves me right, you
then just need to verify and set as caller ID and hey presto! It doesn't
seem to work all the time on calls to mobile numbers but no problem with
landlines.

Does it work with an ATA as well as on the softphone?

Oldie

Yes, but I believe you need to enter the number in the same format in one of
the fields in the registration information. I have a Fritzbox and I put it
in the Internet number box, and ticked the use internet number for
registration box. IIRC Linksys/Sipura terminology for these two fields is
AuthID and use AuthID.