Plusnet celebrates its 10th birthday with new offers

Old February 2nd 07, 03:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Motion

Default Plusnet celebrates its 10th birthday with new offers

Thursday 01 February 2007 14:40:02 by Andrew Ferguson
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/2...ew-offers.html

Plusnet is celebrating its 10th birthday in several ways, for potential
customers perhaps the most significant is a new free setup and hardware
deal. For those who are already a customer there is the chance to win a VW
Golf R32 by recommending the service to a friend and have them join before
March 30th 2007.

The new free setup offer works by you not paying anything upfront for
activation or hardware. If you leave in the first 12 months you would repay
47 for the activation or 72 if taking both the activation and hardware
option. The deal still applies if you take a one month versus a 12 month
contract. The previous 'you stay we pay' scheme run by Plusnet had a five
year payback period. For more details visit www.plus.net.

The first customer who joined Plusnet in 1997 is still with the broadband
provider, and as part of the celebrations will receive a refund of their
last 10 years subscriptions which amount to over 2000.

--
Your village just called. They're missing an idiot.

Old February 2nd 07, 06:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Me

On Fri, 2 Feb 2007 15:24:20 -0000, "Motion"
wrote:

The first customer who joined Plusnet in 1997 is still with the broadband
provider, and as part of the celebrations will receive a refund of their
last 10 years subscriptions which amount to over 2000.

He should use that 2000 to see if they can reverse his ****ing
lobotomy!

Old February 2nd 07, 06:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Me:
wrote:

The first customer who joined Plusnet in 1997 is still with the
broadband provider, and as part of the celebrations will receive a
refund of their last 10 years subscriptions which amount to over
2000.

He should use that 2000 to see if they can reverse his ****ing
lobotomy!

Maybe they are still getting a service they are happy with?

I was with TalkTalk and like many it was dreadful, however for some they
see little problem.

Old February 2nd 07, 07:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
meggahurtz

"John Clavox" wrote in message
some high up moron at TW flatly denied that they
where capping anyone's speed

Really a need to Post someones details?

The mentioned person in your thread has been a big help to me and a few
others especially on the ntl NG`s...

Old February 2nd 07, 07:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Meggahurtz:
"John Clavox" wrote in message
some high up moron at TW flatly denied that they
where capping anyone's speed

Really a need to Post someones details?

The mentioned person in your thread has been a big help to me and a
few others especially on the ntl NG`s...

Yes, he regularly posts on the BY newsgroups, though admittedly he did
first deny they were trialing traffic management, whether this was plain
lying or he really didn't know (hard to believe, but not impossible) I
don't know.

Old February 2nd 07, 08:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tx2

In article ,
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}
thought we'd be interested in the following...

Thus spaketh Me:
wrote:

The first customer who joined Plusnet in 1997 is still with the
broadband provider, and as part of the celebrations will receive a
refund of their last 10 years subscriptions which amount to over
2000.

He should use that 2000 to see if they can reverse his ****ing
lobotomy!

Maybe they are still getting a service they are happy with?

So they are just plain stupid.

--
My reply address is invalid.
Please post replies to the group.
Old February 2nd 07, 08:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tx2

In article ,
Meggahurtz
thought we'd be interested in the following...

Really a need to Post someones details?

Yeah, if he was acting in an official capacity, why not?

The mentioned person in your thread has been a big help to me and a few
others especially on the ntl NG`s...

He may well of, but if he is giving out duff information, or worse,
knowingly deceiving the customer, he should hung out to dry,
particularly if he is publicly representing his employer.

Old February 2nd 07, 09:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Underwood

"Edster" wrote in message
"Motion" wrote in message

The first customer who joined Plusnet in 1997

???

I was using Force 9 in 1995, I don't think they were new then either.

I wonder if Force 9 was originally a separate company that was later taken
over by Plusnet. If so, they should really have celebrated the 10th
anniversary of the foundation of the earliest of their constituent
companies.

Old February 2nd 07, 09:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tx2

In article ,
John Clavox
thought we'd be interested in the following...

On the other hand maybe just maybe the company told him to deny the
capping or whatever existed if asked in fear of loosing his job ! .

It changes nothing. Act as company spokesperson, you are the company.
You get named.

And it's losing, not loosing.

Old February 2nd 07, 09:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Old Codger

Martin Underwood wrote:
"Edster" wrote in message
"Motion" wrote in message

The first customer who joined Plusnet in 1997

???

I was using Force 9 in 1995, I don't think they were new then either.

I wonder if Force 9 was originally a separate company that was later taken
over by Plusnet. If so, they should really have celebrated the 10th
anniversary of the foundation of the earliest of their constituent
companies.

I believe Force9 was originally a separate company. They were my first
ISP in early 98. It cost, iirc, 108 for a year plus local call
charges. Plusnet took them over in the middle of 98 I think, certainly
before the end of 98 but continued the Force9 brand and even kept, or
started, under Force9, the new Freeonline brand as the "free" 0845
brand. In fact, I do not recall hearing of a Plusnet brand until much
later.

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field