Bulldog to Sky.

Old February 2nd 07, 06:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SteveL

Default Bulldog to Sky.

I'm thinking of moving from Bulldog to Sky.

However, because my phone is now a Bulldog phone (even though it's
connected to a BT exchange) the Sky call centre oik said it's not a
"BT" line and they can't move it.

Do I have to ditch Bulldog for BT, then immediately ditch them for
Sky?

Surely there's an easier way, no?

MTIA
Old February 2nd 07, 07:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh SteveL:
I'm thinking of moving from Bulldog to Sky.

However, because my phone is now a Bulldog phone (even though it's
connected to a BT exchange) the Sky call centre oik said it's not a
"BT" line and they can't move it.

Do I have to ditch Bulldog for BT, then immediately ditch them for
Sky?

Surely there's an easier way, no?

MTIA

You need to ditch Bulldog WLR line for BT yes.

You don't need to ditch BT line, in fact you don't ditch BT line when
you join Sky.

With Sky your line rental remains with BT, you calls are automatically
routed via Sky Talk - 1280 to place calls back over BT - handy for free
caller display.

Broadband is LLU'd to Sky where available, but unlike Bulldog the phone
line is not WLR.

Not an easier way when you go for / go to LLU / WLR providers.

Old February 2nd 07, 09:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ACDeag

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} expressed precisely :
Thus spaketh SteveL:
[...]

I think Bulldog LLU the phone line as well, it is not WLR. There are
two types of LLU, broadband only or both broadband and phone calls.

Old February 2nd 07, 10:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

on 02/02/2007, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} supposed :
Thus spaketh SteveL:
[...]

I have Sky LLU broadband (which is partial LLU as no voiced is
transferred) together with a WLR line.

Old February 2nd 07, 10:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Jono:
[...]

Who is your line WLR'd to?
Old February 3rd 07, 09:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SteveL

On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 19:05:40 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
wrote:

Thus spaketh SteveL:
[...]

Damn. Thanks.

I wonder what the lead time is for Sky Broadband activations....

Obviously as soon as I make the move back to BT I lose my adsl service
until Sky activates it.

Old February 3rd 07, 09:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} brought next idea :
Thus spaketh Jono:
[...]

Me :-)

Old February 3rd 07, 09:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

SteveL formulated on Saturday :

Damn. Thanks.

I wonder what the lead time is for Sky Broadband activations....

Obviously as soon as I make the move back to BT I lose my adsl service
until Sky activates it.

If any LLU/ADSL markers remain, you'll be waiting until the markers are
removed by Bulldog before you can order another ISP's broadband.

FWIW, Sky activation of their LLU products takes around 10 days.