Largest attenuation figure with ADSL and speed 512?

Old February 2nd 07, 08:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

Default Largest attenuation figure with ADSL and speed 512?

My current attenuation is 69dB, however the noise margin is about 10dB.

What is the highest attenuation that's out there with speed of 512?
Old February 3rd 07, 02:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gaz

Ian Stirling wrote:
My current attenuation is 69dB, however the noise margin is about 10dB.

What is the highest attenuation that's out there with speed of 512?

I am on 63db and get a reliable 3040kbps........ with a 6db....

Gaz

Old February 3rd 07, 09:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
GA

On Sat, 3 Feb 2007 01:24:00 -0000, "Gaz" wrote:

Ian Stirling wrote:
My current attenuation is 69dB, however the noise margin is about 10dB.

What is the highest attenuation that's out there with speed of 512?

I am on 63db and get a reliable 3040kbps........ with a 6db....

Gaz

Isn't 60dB attenuation the limit for anything over 1MB.

My router reports 63.5dB attenuation but currently 17.1dB noise
margin. If I uderstand correctly then noise margin is the most
important factor being the measure of the routers ability to
differentiate the signal.

Any definitive source for this info?
GA
Old February 3rd 07, 09:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
[email protected]_spam_chriswillsher.co.uk

What equipment are you using to measure your attenuation as it was my
understanding that most routers could only report up to 63dB? My
Netgear DG834 always shows 63dB and the highest SNR I ever get
downstream is 7. I am 9Km from the exchange and the highest synch
speed is around 700Kbps.